Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Tokina AT-X 150-500/5.6 SD Ka-mount $280
Posted By: fwcetus, 05-06-2016, 11:09 AM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

This ( Tokina at x Tokina SD 150 500mm F 5 6 SD MF Pentax K Mount Lens | eBay ) might be a good deal. The ebay listing is a bit scanty on detailed condition info, although there is some info. [The generic eBay canned description says "for Nikon", but it's obviously a Ka-mount lens.]

I noticed that the drop-in filter holder seems to be "dropped in" backwards, so I would suggest asking the seller if there is a clear filter in its tray, and if it indeed is in backwards (although the filter tray may be "centered" in such a way that it doesn't matter - dunno - don't remember). It wouldn't hurt to get some more specific descriptive info (on glass, aperture blades, etc.) in any event.

I used to have one of these many moons ago (back in Ye Olde Film Days of Yore), and, while it is very well built, I found that it (my copy, anyway) was a bit soft at longer FL's. (My own review is at Tokina AT-X 150-500MM f/5.6 Lens Reviews - Tokina Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database along with one other, more positive review.)

I do think that $280 is a good price ~IF~ the lens is complete and ~IF~ it is indeed in great shape.

Last edited by fwcetus; 05-06-2016 at 12:05 PM.
Views: 1,317
05-06-2016, 06:19 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I sent the seller a few questions but haven't heard back. I'll share what he says when I receive a response. Thanks for posting the link and your experiences with this lens.
05-10-2016, 11:47 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I just noticed that the lens did sell.
05-10-2016, 12:27 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fwcetus Quote
I just noticed that the lens did sell.
I sent him a message on via ebay with some questions but the fellow didn't reply to me until Monday while he was at work, begging off on the details I asked about until he got home. He replied to me from home saying that it sold. :-/

05-10-2016, 01:35 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TomTom Quote
I sent him a message on via ebay with some questions but the fellow didn't reply to me until Monday while he was at work, begging off on the details I asked about until he got home. He replied to me from home saying that it sold. :-/
Ouch. Too bad...

Maybe it was just as well -- perhaps the buyer was someone who ~also~ should have asked some specific questions but didn't...