Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: What do you think about my Blog editing direction?
Too negative 844.44%
Negative 316.67%
Neutral 316.67%
Useful 422.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2006, 07:35 AM   #1
Veteran Member

My new Pentax Blog Page launched!

http://ricehigh.blogspot.com

Enjoy!

p.s. I'm glad that I've found the first (maybe the only?) non-commercial Pentax forum here!

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh

11-29-2006, 07:45 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome!

We're the first pentax-dedicated forum on the web, and I think you'll find it particularly friendly Enjoy!

Not a bad blog, but I've moved your thread to the "Everything Else" forum.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-29-2006, 07:59 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
Welcome!

We're the first pentax-dedicated forum on the web, and I think you'll find it particularly friendly Enjoy!

Not a bad blog, but I've moved your thread to the "Everything Else" forum.
Oh, thanks. I just have thought that I'm not welcome (again) when I found my new post disappeared in minutes :-( and the site admin has deleted my post and poll! :-)

BTW, my Blog talks mostly and mainly about Pentax DSLR stuff, may I invite you to participate in my poll also?

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh
11-29-2006, 08:04 AM   #4
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
Welcome!

What about Pentax User - Pentax Camera Magazine ???

11-29-2006, 09:48 AM   #5

pretty cool stuff.
11-29-2006, 10:41 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome Ricehigh

If I could vote for 2 things on the poll I would pick negative and useful. The blog is interesting. I think most DSLR cameras from all companies use less than the best components. Some of this is economic. DSLR cameras were real expensive untill recently. Some of it has to do with time to design camera. Pentax rep told me years ago (when DS came out) that no camera company was prepared for the speed that digital was moving. All companies are breathing hard to catch up. Olympus man told they spent 5 years developing the OM1 system. No one had that much time for digital. Even Canon appears to be gasping for air, a little.
If you are saying the DS and DL didn't have the builtin flash problem I have to report other wise. My DS flash died about 1 month into the warranty. I think the capacitor goes out. Caps are a very finnicky piece of electrical equipment. I have a friend that had a DL do the same. Keep in mind I know 40 Pentax DSLR shooters. 2 out of 40 isn't to bad.
You always have thought provoking posts. Welcome to the forum. How do you like your K10D? Mine hasn't arrived yet.
thanks
barondla
11-30-2006, 04:51 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
If I could vote for 2 things on the poll I would pick negative and useful.
That's just what I was going to say! Negative can be useful because most of the blurb you read on the net is recycled marketing material.

12-01-2006, 03:23 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Opinions noted and thanks for voting.

In this connection, I have updated my Blog editing direction and add a new major element which I think will be important and useful (to more people), see:-

RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: Updating of my Blog Editing Direction
12-01-2006, 01:42 PM   #9
Forum Member

So are you planning on spamming us here with every update?
Closed Thread