Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2009, 07:40 AM   #226
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi
Is here anybody from Chennai? I would love to have information about availibility of Pentax gear in Chennai. I am visiting Chennai on 13th Oct to 15th Oct for my work related trip.

Atindra

11-04-2009, 11:40 PM   #227

QuoteOriginally posted by Atindra Quote
Hi
Is here anybody from Chennai? I would love to have information about availibility of Pentax gear in Chennai. I am visiting Chennai on 13th Oct to 15th Oct for my work related trip.

Atindra
Hi Atindra,

Check this out: Shetala :: Contact Us

Regards,
Aditya
11-05-2009, 12:19 AM   #228
Veteran Member

Thanks Aditya

Atindra
11-06-2009, 11:34 PM   #229

Photos: Albums
K20D from US

Thanks to all of the suggestions I received on this forum about K20D. I have contacted my niece in US and have found some good deals on Amazon. The best deal I found is for $765 for K20D and DA 18-55/3.5-5.6 AL IL lens. Now I need to figure out how to get this to India. My niece is visiting Pune end of the month. She could get it. Any idea if there are any custom hassles?

11-07-2009, 02:26 AM   #230
Veteran Member

@ mmjoshi

I dont think any custom related problem if she is not bringing too many digital cameras. Best is to keep camera outside the main luggage and carry it along with herself. She can keep battery ready because non-working models if any one carries there is a doubt at security. So have a camera with herself loaded with card and battery and lens should be an easy thing to bring.

Atindra
11-08-2009, 08:10 AM   #231

Pentax K20D

Thanks Atindra, Sudhakar and Madhur for your valuable inputs on K20D. If everything goes as per plan I should be holding this beauty in my hands on November 30th!. Do you recommend any accessories with this? Filters, battery grips etc?

mj
11-08-2009, 09:11 PM   #232
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Extra battery is always an advantage.

QuoteOriginally posted by mmjoshi Quote
Thanks Atindra, Sudhakar and Madhur for your valuable inputs on K20D. If everything goes as per plan I should be holding this beauty in my hands on November 30th!. Do you recommend any accessories with this? Filters, battery grips etc?

mj

11-08-2009, 10:54 PM   #233
Veteran Member

@mmjoshi

Try to get max accessory possible from USA itself. Some filters, extra battery and battery grip, external flash come to my mind. Two things you can get in India fairly easily are Tripod and camera bag because lots of generic product availability.

Atindra
11-09-2009, 11:27 PM   #234

Pentax K20D

Bad news guys! K20D was shown available on amazon.com for $799.99 which was an OK price with me. However, when my niece actually tried to place the order surprisingly her order was rejected saying the item is out of stock. Even now the amazon site is showing this camera in stock! Strange indeed!! She will try to call the vendor directly tomorrow. Hopefully that works out.

However, now that forces me to go in for a backup plan. Any suggestions for an alternative? Need some urgent suggestions!

mj
11-10-2009, 08:34 AM   #235
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi mj
If you checkout the market place sub forum you can find good deals on K20d
but they will be used.
11-10-2009, 09:36 AM   #236

K20d

Hi Mahur,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will check out the Pentax forum for sellers in the US. I will also check on ebay in the US. Hopefully I get a good deal.

In the meanwhile my niece called just now. One of the mail order shop she checked for K20D has suggested K7 or Kx which are available on amazon. Any feedback on these two models? I will check out the specs tomorrow, but thought should get some valuable feedback from people here on the forum. I have been receiving valuable feedback from this forum. Glad that I joined it.

mj
11-11-2009, 12:33 AM   #237
Veteran Member

Hi mj,
K-7 and K-x both are great cams. K-7 essentially has same sensor as K20D with little variation in noise profiles. It has great weather sealing for a semi-pro model and other features like horizone correction, lens correction etc in camera. It has live view with video and 920kpix screen. While K-x is an entry level model is about 400$ cheaper than K-7 but still retains most of its features except weather sealing. It uses AA batteries and has a great battery life. Some models have been reported with some type of NiMH batteries. Screen on k-x is 230kpix. Body is smaller but stylish and available in 4 colors in USA. Amazon has K-x deal with 18-55 mm and a new 55-300mm lens kit for about 850 USD and that is great. 55-300mm lens is great for its price. K-x noise performance is remarkable and it has 12 mp sensor.

Basically if you want very advanced options and weather sealing go for K-7 otherwise K-x is just fine.
I hope this helps.
Atindra
11-11-2009, 12:59 AM   #238

Photos: Gallery | Albums
MJ, If K-7 is within your budget, go for it. It is the latest and best. Good luck -- Sudhakar
11-11-2009, 10:19 AM   #239

Good news!

Finally some good news! My niece has just called me to let me know that she has placed the order for K20D on amazon. We had to buy the body and lens from different vendors. The price did go a bit up (almost $125) in the last 2 days, but I think it is worth it. K7 seems to be a fine camera too. But I would have had to stretch my budget quite a bit! (Which is already stretched!!) However, I think K20D will be more than adequate for my usage.

Now I eagerly wait for the camera to arrive in India by the end of this month! I will post some photos once I get the hang of it.

Thanks Atindra, Madhur and Sudhakar for your valuable inputs and suggestions. It helped me in making the right choice.

I look forward to more suggestions from the forum in the future.

mj
11-19-2009, 04:43 AM   #240
Veteran Member

Original Poster
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographic-equipment-sale/78601-sale-pe...m-f-3-5-a.html

This is a great lens, lens shown has few minus points but are well compansated by its price. If anybody interested please grab it.