Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #1
Inactive Account

How you earn money with your photos?

Hi guys.

I´m a photographer(little/freelancer) and new here.
I would like earn a few dollars with quality photos that I cautch when I am traveling.
I have read on a forum that trying sell photos over internet is time losted,
then another guy has recomended to use the website:

[MODERATOR WARNING - NOT WORK SAFE - NUDITY]
Photo Gallery by IsPhotoBomb

he said that people with an google adsense account and good photos earn more money with ADS
that try selling photos. Because on that site you only need your Adsense ID, and share your photo links
to earn a few dollars.
Someone here use that website? And win money?

Sorry my bad english.

Regards

Last edited by Nass; 10-06-2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: link warning
09-14-2010, 03:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am sorry I didn't quite follow how you make money on that website... but Adsense can make you money if you are visible and you have traffic... so if you can get people to look at your photos, and they click on the ads links, you can make money!!

Personally, I like to do a small "mass" print of good images... and I look for a deal on framing and I just sell them to anyone who is interested... but that is for physical photos, not digital... which I generally give for 'free' as a perk of buying my prints...
09-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't want to burst anyone's bubble...and if someone can prove me wrong, I won't be unhappy in the least, but photography is not a good way to make money in my opinion. It is sort of like saying I am really good at Basketball...best in my neighborhood.....how can I make money from it?
There are your standard Pro Shooters that shoot for Magazines, Newspapers, and of course Weddings is a big business.....maybe a few other areas , but generally speaking the way to make any real cash is very limited. I shoot for personal pleasure, friends and family, and have little or no interest in trying to make money in photography.....if I did I would have to get a heck of a lot better than I am now!
I have been in business for myself for the last 20+ years, know how to make money, and have, but I would not like to try it in photography where everyone with a camera thinks they are a Pro......not everyone with a basketball goes to the NBA.

Having said this, I wish you the best of luck, and hope you can come back and prove me incorrect.
Best Regards!
09-15-2010, 11:27 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi Rupert

You are right. I'm very good and love play football, but I am not Cristiano Ronaldo that earn millions..lol
But If an person does what love, and earn a few dollars, is 2 in 1.
And if that website really works, is a good recomendation..

Opinions!!

09-15-2010, 07:27 PM   #5
Inactive Account

You can be a person who stands on the dock and looks at the water, or you can be a person who takes the plunge.

3 years ago my wife and I decided to take that plunge by shooting families/babies/bellies and the occasional wedding on evenings and weekends. Things were pretty lean in the beginning and we shot for mainly friends and families.

We are about to start year 4 now and at this point know very few of our clients (i.e. not friends/family), we also have several repeat customers.

Would you be willing to have an extra half income just for taking pics? There's money to be made in photography, don't kid yourself.

My wife and I have zero business schooling, are doing what we love and are supplementing our income quite nicely.

Set yourself a realistic goal and begin the journey... Anyone can do it - you just have to want it, and not be afraid to take the plunge.

c[_]
09-15-2010, 09:18 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
You assume once can make money with photography these days....

(note for those of you who take offense... this was a joke from someone who has seen the big slide)
09-16-2010, 11:14 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photography was once my job, but that was long ago and I was in the Army. Now... I read that in USA, the average (whatever that means) photographer has a lower income than the average fast-food joint manager. So it's obvious: Attend Hamburger U. and keep a camera handy.

OK, I have sold pictures. Most recently, I had a historic house with a shaded plaza in an "art town", and I used that plaza as a gallery for my prints, and I sold more than a few, but certainly not enough to pay the rent (good thing we paid cash for that old adobe). Others here have written of taking camera, computer and printer to custom auto shows and other weekend events, and making hundreds of bucks daily. Work work work...

How to make money now? Shoot weddings. Shoot blackmail. Shoot pr0n. Shoot on cruise ships, cable cars, carnivals, at historic re-enactments, street fairs, conventions. Shoot your obsessions, and market to similar pervs. Start a website for your images, and sell ads. Which of these pays best? Probably blackmail. Have fun!

09-16-2010, 12:11 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Blackmail sounds too dirty. I call it something like "motivated purchasing".
09-16-2010, 09:56 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dragonfly Quote
Blackmail sounds too dirty. I call it something like "motivated purchasing".
....and pr0n doesn't?
09-17-2010, 10:22 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Lol, please this is not a forum of Pr0n.
Talk about the thread...
10-05-2010, 07:38 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Thanks Mike.
That system is pretty cool. Is like blogspot, but with photos

Best regards
10-05-2010, 09:26 PM - 1 Like   #12

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike1980 Quote

then another guy has recomended to use the website: Photo Gallery by IsPhotoBomb
There should be a NOT SAFE FOR WORK (NSFW) on that link? At least when I clicked it there was nudity, and judging from the images there probably is quite often. I tend to avoid opening things like that when on my work computer.

(Nass) - done

Last edited by Nass; 10-06-2010 at 12:27 PM.
10-05-2010, 10:59 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lowspark86 Quote
There should be a NOT SAFE FOR WORK (NSFW) on that link? At least when I clicked it there was nudity, and judging from the images there probably is quite often. I tend to avoid opening things like that when on my work computer.
Thanks for the headsup. I usually don't click links unless I know for sure what they are beforehand.
10-06-2010, 12:07 PM   #14
Inactive Account

Hi lowspark86. You are right.
Maybe the administrators have not yet seen it. Should we contact and alert the admins?

Rgds.
10-06-2010, 12:28 PM   #15
Veteran Member

No need. I saw the thread and added the warning.