Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Online sites that take Paypal

Was wondering what sites you have found that take paypal. Sometimes, you do not know until you get to a sites checkout if they accept it or not. I hate that, as there should always be a FAQ aspect of the site, telling you what forms of payment they accept.

I tried to do a google search on what sites do and which don't and was incorrectly told that Game Stop.com does, but I got to their checkout and found that they do not.

Here are some of the bigger sites I know that take paypal:

Barnes & Noble
Wal Mart
Best Buy
B & H

Those that do not:

Amazon
Target

I just don't know why more do not accept it yet. I'm really surprised that Target doesn't, considering Wal Mart does.

I am also really surprised and perturbed that Paypal did away with their Plug-In cards. They were Mastercards you generated on paypal that linked to your paypal funds. These were great, as you could use them on any site that took Mastercard.

11-27-2010, 06:40 AM   #2
Banned

I now only use Paypal for purchases on ebay after getting burned for $35 by my bank (Bank of America) after I made a Paypal purchase of only $24 at MacMall for OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and they tried to take it out of my checking account that had a zero balance insted of Paypal Buyer Credit . On ebay my Paypal account is always using Paypal Buyer Credit as default. And to make matters worse Fedex tried to deliver me the MacMall purchase in a damaged box wrapped in yellow tape without any contents !
11-27-2010, 07:30 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Newegg takes Paypal. I don't do too much online shopping as I prefer to buy from a brick and mortar store but some things you just have to order.
11-27-2010, 08:27 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
I am also really surprised and perturbed that Paypal did away with their Plug-In cards. They were Mastercards you generated on paypal that linked to your paypal funds. These were great, as you could use them on any site that took Mastercard.
neteller.com does a similar thing (one time master cards). Setting up an account is somewhat of a hassle though. I really like using those on sites 1) I don't know too well and 2) which I know only too well that are very clever in slipping in an automated, repeated charge or somesuch without clearly informing the user. An interesting observation with these was that paypal seems to reject these, could be umlaut characters in my name or address though (but should not as they work fine elsewhere). Also, in Finland the biggest credit card issuer is currently fighting tooth and nail in court not to have to provide customer protection in the fashion the lawmaker apparently intented so it is hard to say what protection one actually gets with a credit card purchase as it will probably be quite a while until the intepretation of the law is fixed (it is a matter of an inprecisely worded attempt of the lawmaker to improve on this apparently).

11-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #5
Ananta Androscoggin

Paypal now has the "Bill Me Later" thing, which is accepted on quite a number of stores' and chains' online stores. You can link your BML account to your Paypal account if you wish.

About page which explains
https://www.billmelater.com/about/index.xhtml?

Stores Directory page
https://shopping.billmelater.com/index?&conversationId=112458

I've even seen the BML logo on the Pentax USA Webstore pages.
11-27-2010, 10:38 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BTW this may be an option to consider: I have a PayPal MasterCard (Business) Debit Card - I think most anyone (US at least) can apply for a debit card? It comes directly out of my PayPal account and you can specify backup funding from a bank account.

Cheers,
Marc