Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2011, 07:28 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Making up Official Pentax Forums shirts

VOTING HAS ALREADY STARTED, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT ANY MORE DESIGNS

After speaking with Adam today, we both decided that it would be a great idea to get some new 2011 Pentax Forum T-shirts made up. I will have the shirts printed, and ship them out. I have also told Adam that I will donate part of the profit back to the forum. So this is a win-win for everyone.

I have come up with a design that I like, but I would also like to open it up to you guys to come up with a design you would like as well. So I think we will make this a contest!

We can accept some designs in this thread, then people can cast their vote on which design they like best. The winning design will be printed on the 2011 shirts, and the designer will get a free shirt as their prize.

A few ground rules.

-The design must be simple. remember this is a T shirt, not a poster, so little details will not show up when screen printed.
-I need to limit the colors to 2. Only because printing multiple colors will raise the cost up significantly. So im trying to keep the prices low for you guys.
-They need to apply to all pentaxians, so K5 specific shirts wont apply to Kx users etc.

So, if you guys want to go ahead and make up some quick logos, post them up here, and once we get a few together, we can choose which one everyone likes best and then work on getting them printed!

Im hoping to let the designs come in through the Easter Break, and hopefully start taking orders by May 1st.

Last edited by SlickYamaha; 04-26-2011 at 03:03 AM.
04-21-2011, 07:48 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Great idea! Looking forward to seeing some creativity, as with our bumper stickers in the past!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-21-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member

That'd more properly be 'Life's more fun with a Pentax,' but I suggest not trying to sloganize. Unless you want it to say, "They make cameras. We make our own swag."

Or just: 'If you have to ask... (logoized) Pentaxforums.com.'

I do suggest keeping it subdued, this *isn't* a big bright logoes type of crowd.
04-21-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
What about something like this???

Attached Images

04-21-2011, 09:23 PM   #5
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'd been interested in PF apparel ever since forum calendars were first suggested.
T-shirts are great, but I'd love to see small logo-embroidered Polos also - I'd definitely pick up one of those. But I'd pick up a T-shirt anyway.

The logo presented in Kooks' images is excellent, but seems to be more of a Pentax promo rather than a forum-specific logo. Then again, that's fine too.

Even that logo on the back and this forum one as a smaller logo on the front may look good:

04-21-2011, 10:13 PM   #6
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
That'd more properly be 'Life's more fun with a Pentax,' but I suggest not trying to sloganize. Unless you want it to say, "They make cameras. We make our own swag."

Or just: 'If you have to ask... (logoized) Pentaxforums.com.'

I do suggest keeping it subdued, this *isn't* a big bright logos type of crowd.
There isn't going to be one big enough to fit me anyway but I agree.

04-21-2011, 10:21 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You could have a series of slogans to promote the brand and the forum. Maybe marketing will catch on!

Like: Are you weather sealed??? Pentax Forums- Know More

or: Using Pentax- to be well primed Pentax Forms- To Know More (add silhouettes of the primes)

04-22-2011, 12:18 AM   #8

Photos: Gallery
I believe that silhouette of a camera in that position is not too wise thing to do, since it can (and if it can, it will) bring male organ-related comments.

I'd go with Ash's suggestion, making a polo shirt with that logo above the heart, or a regular T-shirt with it on the back (top), with front saying "If you need to shoot, use camera". Or viceversa.

Last edited by Branimir; 04-22-2011 at 12:19 AM. Reason: censorship
04-22-2011, 02:33 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Count me in, will buy one.
And I like the more aggressive marketing slogan one's. It should be something less conservative.
04-22-2011, 07:04 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kooks Quote
What about something like this???
kooks... forgive me but I can't help to think what if you rotate the camera 45 deg clock-wise?

it certainly look more funny if you use a longer lens --- like DA* 200.

Am I the only one seeing it? LOL

Lee
04-22-2011, 07:22 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
T-shirts are great, but I'd love to see small logo-embroidered Polos also - I'd definitely pick up one of those. But I'd pick up a T-shirt anyway.
I agree, and I think a Polo could be in the future. The problem with polos are A: they are embroidered, ($$$) and B: well its a polo ($$$$)

I think once the shirts have been distributed, I can see how successful they were, and look into the price of a polo and possibly do that in a few months as well.
04-22-2011, 07:24 AM   #12
Veteran Member

This is a great idea! Thanks SlickYamaha!
04-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My vote goes for a polo. It would be worth the xtra $$$ for me. Good luck with the t-shirts. Then maybe the polo's will happen
04-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Here is my submission.
Attached Images

04-22-2011, 12:25 PM   #15
Veteran Member

I like that one, Slick. Pretty sharp.
Closed Thread