Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
12-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Merry Christmas! What did you get/give?

Hey all,

I was just informed by my girlfriend, Jenny, that she had gotten me a year VIP membership at the photography club in my hometown of Bamberg, Germany, called Lichtwerkstatt.

QuoteQuote:
And they have a studio and equipment and they do workshops and everything

And as a VIP member, you get to use their studio free of charge 3 whole days/month

Which I figured was perfect for when you have a 4 day weekend

And this is perfect because you have one year remaining in Germany.

So... Happy photography
When I asked if she considered the fact that my German is absolutely terrible, especially technical photography, she replied:

QuoteQuote:
Haha remember how I hinted I'd probably be around a lot?

To model... and interpret lol
When I asked her how much that cost her, she refused to divulge lol (but she did reassure me that it was not anything crazy)

So I guess that means I will be doing a lot of studio work next year I'm really excited, and it is something that I really would love to develop, as while I am becoming very confident with natural light photography, my strobism is...well...ummm.....I can bounce a flash

So what did you get/give that is photography related this Christmas?

Hope everyone has a fantastic holiday, and please take the time to cherish just being with your loved ones - I'd love to be home with my family right now.

If you don't happen to celebrate Christmas, then hopefully you can find yourself in the holiday cheer anyway

-Heie

P.S. not photo related, but for Christmas I gave her a set of keys (that took about 2 months to make since I had to order them from Afghanistan and like I said...my German is not good lol) to my apartment accompanied by a long hand-written letter (as if there's any other kind!) as a formal invitation to her moving in with me upon my return from Afghanistan

Last edited by Heie; 12-24-2012 at 01:17 PM. Reason: typo
12-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I got to do 15 minutes of FaceTime (via iPad) with my 6-year old grandson, and I got a Visa bill with a balance owed of $12.00!! This has been a good Christmas so far.

BTW, Heie. I'm thinking you definitely have a "winner" of a GF. Do you have much snow yet in Bamberg? I spent 8 years in Heidelberg working for the Army, and enjoyed the hell out of both tours (3 years once, then 5 years).
12-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Heie have a great Christmas. Good to know you have a great Girlfriend waiting for you that obviously cares a ton for you.

I can't imagine what it is like for all of you servicemen and servicewomen being away from your families during the holidays.
We appreciate your sacrifice.

As for me, I bought myself a Bigma as an early Christmas present as I could not pass up the special pricing last week.

Enjoy the Holidays as best you can! I look forward to your next report.
12-24-2012, 02:21 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

You beat me to the thread, Alex! I won't be opening presents for a while, but hopefully there'll be some photo-related stuff under the tree

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #5
Veteran Member

The wife and I didn't give each other much - we're slating income tax for that. Our kids made out like champs.

My 'present' is a future purchase of a K-30 and a Q10 along with an O-GPS1 for the K-30 and a K->Q adapter for the Q10.
12-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #6
Veteran Member

DA* 55mm F1.4

Came out of the blue from Amazon early this month from my sister. She said consider it her Xmas present from her.
12-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I'll have to wait until tomorrow to open up. I am hoping for either a light meter or battery grip though.

12-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #8
Veteran Member

mailbox filled with bills and thanks for donations.

Merry Christmas everyone and i hope Pentax is nice to the loyal brand supporters and for the the others like myself, "whatever"

12-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Pentax SLR gear, slr bodies, lots of lovely lenses to replace the ones I lost. My Oly which though I got it a month ago was meant to be a Christmas present of sorts. Lots of lovely new dollies including this one who just a moment ago appeared on my doorstep. My first Silkstone Barbie and she's a flaming Boudoir redhead. This is so totally appropriate given what I do, lol. Getting one of these is rather like getting an excellent Tak. I'm just grinning right now...

Gave? Mostly candy and other edibles, some dolls for the kids and a couple of old SLR's they wanted. Rehabbed a computer I got for free for them too. Sewed some decor stuff for the folks. Mostly it was a handmade Christmas this year as I'm pretty broke but there will be no complaints when they see the stuff. I did good. I put a lot of work in to make nice things for them.

http://www.wowdolls.com/files/limited/fashionmodel_lingerie6_large.jpg?iact=...9,r:0,s:0,i:88
12-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #10
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I expect I'll get my usual lump of coal.
12-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Lucky, Heie. I hope you have lots of fun with that.

From me to me: strobist DVD sets- "Strobist Lighting Seminar" and "Lighting in Layers" and a K-01. And a Subway giftcard from a friend.

I gave, well, made "recycled" iPod/Phone docking stations for some friends and family members. I have photos of some of them somewhere, will see if I can find them...

Anyway, happy holidays everyone!
12-24-2012, 06:10 PM - 1 Like   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great thread. Heie, it sounds like your Christmas is working out very nicely, and will last a long time!

My daughter is doing semi-pro portrait photography, and has set up a nice studio in her house. She uses a K200D, so I gave her a BG3 grip for it (bought from a fellow forum member, thank you very much!). She likes how it feels in the hand for portrait format pictures.

Merry Christmas to All!
-Joe-
12-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Chocolate(For eating outside, so it doesn't melt on my fingers and get on my gear.), Leather Gloves(Great for shooting outside in the winter, cashmere lined!), 64GB UHS-1 SanDisk MicroSD(Going to use this via adapter in my camera, and if I need a quick upload, hot swap it into my phone...makeshift EyeFi anyone?), Studded Tires(Thanks Mom?), Merrell Boots(Again, nice for cold weather shooting!), Flannel Long Underwear(I feel as though my family knows I shoot outdoors a lot...) and a 77mm Kenko CPL.(I feel as though someone overpaid though, local store sold it at $80 apparently...)

I feel as though I've *made* everything photography related, though...I suppose it's all how you look at it?
12-24-2012, 06:45 PM - 1 Like   #14
Veteran Member

Merry Christmas everyone. No photography related gift this Christmas but i got a new Casio G-shock. As for the Pentax Philippines Calendar gift were still waiting when to get it.

Cheers everyone!

P.S.
Heie, you got a loving GF. Hopefully you could be with Her next Christmas.
12-24-2012, 07:20 PM   #15

Merry Christmas everyone! I got a snappy new blue K-30! Just used it at Christmas eve service at church!