Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2010, 08:56 AM   #46
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Samsung also said that all their lenses were Schneider's.......and the k20 was hyped in China to have a 22bit ADC
Not Pentax made/designed maybe, 3rd party positively.
Never said.
They had bought just several trade mark names of Schneider. Some DSLR lenses were under Samsung names.

01-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #47
ogl
Banned

We were slightly disappointed that Samsung chose such a conservative design for the NX10, but whilst it might lack the slightly retro styling and ultra compact dimensions of the Olympus E-P1 and Panasonic GF1 it does offer noticeably better handling, with small but effective front and rear grips and non-slip body texturing. I have to say that everyone who handled the NX10 was very impressed with how well it sits in your hand.
01-05-2010, 09:24 AM   #48
ogl
Banned

30mm pancake lens can AF in video recording.
SLR?? Samsung ??
http://channel.pandora.tv/channel/video.ptv?ch_userid=globe48&prgid=36837977
01-05-2010, 10:39 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sorry to disagree

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Never said.
They had bought just several trade mark names of Schneider. Some DSLR lenses were under Samsung names.
There is a documented PR blurb where Samsung specifically said the lenses were not Pentax.. not really worth my time to find it at this moment but I got a good chuckle out of it at the time...
We could start here:
http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/content/Samsung-Announces-5-DSLR-Lens.htm
http://gadgets.fosfor.se/samsung-gx-1s/
Or better yet:
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.photoscala.de%2Fnod...hl=en&ie=UTF-8
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/20265-schneider-claims...ital-lens.html
My favorite quote from that thread:
So, the 18 - 55 kit lens Schneider-Kreuznach is NOT the same as the 18 - 55 Pentax ?
Just "similar due to the constraints imposed by the design of the camera"?
But the same "Made in Vietnam" and the same specs otherwise.. Just coincidence...
I have my doubts.

http://www.schneiderkreuznach.com/samsung/objektive_samsung_e.htm
Maybe Pentax doesn't make their lenses........... Somebody's lying

Last edited by jeffkrol; 01-05-2010 at 10:52 AM.
01-05-2010, 10:14 PM   #50
ogl
Banned

It's some kind of absurd. Schneider-Kreuznach never made lenses for Samsung DSLR.

I've never seen such thing from Samsung.
01-05-2010, 11:29 PM   #51

It's about time somebody copies Pentax pancakes
01-06-2010, 04:24 AM   #52
Inactive Account

Here's how Samsung gets Schneider Kreuznach to make lenses for 'em:

SAMSUNG: "We're making a play, like every other man and his giant-electronics-corporation dog, for the digital camera market. Unfortunately, we have zero credibility in the camera industry, and, well, that's where you come in..."

SCHNEIDER KREUZNACH: "NEIN! Ve are a respected European opticz company, with many years of fine tradition und expertise in the field..."

Samsung drops, with a surprisingly loud thud, a briefcase on the conference table. It pops open, revealing row upon row of shiny Euro notes, neatly bundled in 10000-Euro lots

SK: "...and as such vill not be villing to zell our name for use on some cheap, mass-produced cameras! Our lens are a ground by magic elves, und coated vith ze finest, purest dragon's urine..."

Samsung reaches into its pocket, and pulls out a handful of diamonds, water clear, each the size of a human testicle, and tumbles them onto the briefcase

SK: "Our lenses are hand-assembled by virgins! The lens barrels are polished on zeir thighs!"

Samsung whistles, and a team of sunglass-wearing security guards with earpieces screwed into their ears, wielding submachine guns, enter the room. They briefly check the corners, the faces of those at the conference table, then nod and mutter into their lapels. Seconds later, a powered trolley laden with gold bullion enters the room, and is placed at the head of the table.

SK: "EACH LENS IS HAND-TESTED BY ZE POPE!"

Samsung pulls a share certificate from his pocket. Laying it next to the briefcase, it reads: "COCA-COLA: 250,000 Shares".

SK: "I look forward to working vith you, Samsung. Here's the TIFF file of our logo. Stick it vhere you vant. Guten tag!"

Apologies to the Germans on the board...

01-06-2010, 04:55 AM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
SK: "Our lenses are hand-assembled by virgins!"
[...]
Apologies to the Germans on the board...

Glad you asked for apologies. Because child work is forbidden here
01-06-2010, 06:33 AM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
It's some kind of absurd. Schneider-Kreuznach never made lenses for Samsung DSLR.

I've never seen such thing from Samsung.
I don't know about that. Straight from Samsung:
GX-1L feature, Digital SLR Camera | Samsung camera

The superior Schneider-Kreuznach lens produces crystal clear images. By using a highly refractive lens,
chromatics and distortion are eliminated. For more natural-looking pictures, each lens surface is multi-coated
to minimize the "ghost" or "flare" phenomenon.

EDIT: I may be misunderstanding your post.. Is it "I've never seen.............." as in real surprise??? Or in denying it happened???

Last edited by jeffkrol; 01-06-2010 at 06:57 AM.
01-06-2010, 08:18 AM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
nice piece
01-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #56
Not Registered

QuoteOriginally posted by Chocolar Quote
It's about time somebody copies Pentax pancakes
Pentax wasnt the first and it wont be the last.
01-06-2010, 08:04 PM   #57
Veteran Member

First price info

€700

which I suspect to mean $700.

[source: ColorFoto, das Magazin für digitale Fotografie, Tests, Foto-Community und creativ-Fotowettbewerbe - colorfoto.de Samsung]
01-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #58
Veteran Member

First price info

"Kit under €700"

which I suspect to mean "kit under $700".

[source: ColorFoto, das Magazin für digitale Fotografie, Tests, Foto-Community und creativ-Fotowettbewerbe - colorfoto.de Samsung]
01-06-2010, 09:37 PM   #59
Veteran Member

Original Poster
If it's going to be under $700 USD at launch, then all I got to say is WOW! Especially with the future K-mount. An EVIL with an APS-C sensor for just under $700, definitely kills what Panny has to offer. But it really does make sense considering what the K20D costs now, and the fact that the K-7 costs 1,100 body only. It's using fewer parts and less electronics compared to the K-7, which really allows them to knock down the price. R&D compensation is also minimal as the sensor has already been developed since the K20D, allowing them to only have to do minor tweaks.
01-06-2010, 10:27 PM   #60
Veteran Member

$700 is a really good start, but the market will be mostly those looking for a second/third/tenth body. The first manufacturer to get an EVIL kit below $500 will slaughter the entry-level dSLR market.

Come on Pentax, be that manufacturer! Developing an EVIL based on an existing design (K-x) has got to be easier than starting from scratch, and you can get volume pricing breaks for shared components - sensor, electronics, rear LCD, controls, etc...