Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Popular pentax optio w90 now available in orange

News update from the official Pentax website:

GOLDEN, CO (June 16, 2010)…PENTAX Imaging Company has announced that the PENTAX Optio W90 will be available soon in a third color choice. As early as next month, the eleventh generation PENTAX Optio W90 will become available in orange, in addition to green and black.

Every PENTAX Optio W90 offers enhanced waterproof, shockproof, dustproof, and coldproof performance and features an inventive Digital Microscope mode with LED lighting to capture small but intriguing subjects. Designed with the look of mountaineering equipment, every Optio W90 kit includes a woven web fabric strap complete with a carabiner to attach the camera to a backpack and other outdoor gear.

Adventure photography doesn’t get any better than this. First announced in February 2010, the Optio W90 already has garnered the Outside magazine’s Gear of the Year 2010 award as well as editorial praise in other national publications including Better Homes & Gardens, Motor Boating, Men’s Journal, Popular Photography & Imaging, and Time magazine.

The rugged Optio W90 offers photographic performance, innovative features and style that surpass other outdoor compact digital cameras now available on the market.

This latest W90 will ship by July 2010 for $329.95. More information is available here: www.pentaximaging.com and product images are available here: www.pentaximaging.com/press/pressfiles.html. The orange PENTAX Optio W90 will be available exclusively on www.tigerdirect.com.

PENTAX Imaging Company is an innovative leader in the production of a variety of digital cameras including weather resistant digital SLRs and stylish, compact, waterproof cameras, as well as lenses, flash units, binoculars, scopes, and eyepieces. For over 90 years, PENTAX has developed durable, reliable products that meet the needs of consumers and businesses. With headquarters in Golden, Colorado, PENTAX Imaging Company is a division of PENTAX of America, Inc.

# # #
Media contact:
Michelle Martin
Michelle.martin@pentax.com

Consumers:
pentaxinfo@pentax.com
1-800-877-0155
www.youtube.com/pentaxian1
www.facebook.com/pentax

More...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-17-2010, 08:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Damn.. now it makes me even harder to resist...
06-17-2010, 01:50 PM   #3

This one is beautiful. The black and the green where so boring.

Just hope itīs early July so that I can grab one in time for summer.
06-17-2010, 06:58 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like it. Pentax is becoming the queen of colorful cameras

06-17-2010, 07:33 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That is "way bad" and I like it.
06-22-2010, 12:00 PM   #6

The orange is cool but the exclusiveness of selling it at Tigerdirect means I wont' be buying it.
06-22-2010, 12:08 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I've got a green one on order from B&H for $288.95. I don't mind the green, can't see the camera in the photos anyway.....

I've been looking at the WXX series for a while and kept holding off, holding off, but now my kids are avid swimmers and I know I've already missed some great photos, so no more holding out, and at the B&H price, I'm excited to get it.

06-22-2010, 12:53 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by Leaf Fan Quote
I've got a green one on order from B&H for $288.95. I don't mind the green, can't see the camera in the photos anyway.....

I've been looking at the WXX series for a while and kept holding off, holding off, but now my kids are avid swimmers and I know I've already missed some great photos, so no more holding out, and at the B&H price, I'm excited to get it.
I'm seeing the Green/Black ones for as little as $245. I sorta want one, my Olympus P&S isn't that great. I see you are from Canuckistan, so that price is probably spot on. (Dunno)