Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2012, 12:00 PM - 1 Like   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ned Bunnell to Retire as President of PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION; Jame

News update from the official Pentax website:
QuoteQuote:
Denver, CO – Noboru Akahane, President of PENTAX RICOH IMAGING, Tokyo, Japan today announced several management changes at its U.S. subsidiary, PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION, based in Denver, Colorado.

Current president, Ned Bunnell, will retire effective September 30th. “We appreciate Ned’s considerable contributions and leadership of the PENTAX operations in the U.S. over the past ...
Read the PentaxForums.com report on this news | Pentax press release

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Now he has more time to take pictures with his Leica.
09-12-2012, 12:07 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Now he has more time to take pictures with his Leica.
Dammit, you're too fast.
09-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Welp, hope they get a real Pentaxian this time. One of the die hards from this forum maybe
Heck, for a stable job, I'd move

09-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #5

I'm a Pentaxian... Wher is my CV ?
09-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Welp, hope they get a real Pentaxian this time. One of the die hards from this forum maybe
Heck, for a stable job, I'd move
I haven't heard anything about @monochrome moving to Denver...
09-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Many here have (perhaps rightly) questioned Ned's execution - including me - but it is wise to remember the hand he was dealt and the table he played.

09-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll take it! A vote for Monochrome is a vote for.... :-)

One would have to suspect that the use of the word "retire" is very eupimistic in this case.
09-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Taking a quick look at the press release they announce Ned's replacement. . . both of them. If not, I'd apply!

QuoteQuote:
Effective October 1st, Mr. Akahane will be appointed President of PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION in addition to his current role as president of PENTAX RICOH IMAGING, Tokyo, Japan.

Also effective October 1st, Mr. Akahane announced the appointment of James Malcolm as Executive Vice President of PENTAX RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS. Mr. Malcolm will report directly to Mr. Akahane and he will be responsible for the leadership and operations of the U.S. subsidiary.

Most recently Mr. Malcolm has been working with Ricoh Company, Ltd. in Japan on the post-acquisition integration of PENTAX on a global basis.
09-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, I'm mindful of Laertes' rage ....

And if I had a blog I would title it 1&1/2 dSLR's. It would feature zone-focused street photography of my boring daily life using K-series lenses, a K10D and my K-01.

Last edited by monochrome; 09-12-2012 at 12:49 PM.
09-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Many here have (perhaps rightly) questioned Ned's execution - including me - but it is wise to remember the hand he was dealt and the table he played.
But he could have raised instead of folding
09-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #12
Pentaxian

I vote for Obama to be the new US Pentax President

With Obama we have at least a chance to have a better Medicare euh I meant Pentax Customer Care
09-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It kind of looks like Ned got pushed out - they are clearly wanting to consolidate the 'message' and those involved with day to day operations (notice that Pentax USA wasn't exactly 'in the loop' when it came to products being researched, etc.). And there is nothing related to FF in that statement that I can see - it's a general PR statement that someone read WAY too much into.
09-12-2012, 02:35 PM   #14
Pentaxian

So will we see changes like this around the world just as matter of the Ricoh era now really getting rolling, or is it just a no confidence vote for Pentax USA?
09-12-2012, 02:41 PM - 1 Like   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
No surprise there. Pentax was doing a crap job of marketing in the US. Just look at the presence of Pentax on the shelves in Canada as a comparator. Ned's a nice chap, but his leaving is a positive thing for Ricoh Pentax, IMO.