Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-18-2011, 04:55 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Pentax IQ Zoom 105 WR

I'm okay with it as a P/S camera. It may have capabilities above my amature abilities. I was after a 90WR but found the 105 for a dollar at a camera show. Just had the first roll of color film processed. I'll have to remember(which I never do ) to carry a skylight filter to hold in front of the lens. Not sure if that would help. I'll try some b&w film next.

10-28-2011, 12:53 PM   #17
Inactive Account

While in another town for a doctors visit, I stopped by the local Salvation Army to look for old 35mm camera gear. I found a pristine Pentax Zoom90WR camera, complete with manuel, case, roll of 35mm film and original purchase receipt. This camera is built like a tank, can't wait to try it out. Original owner paid $219.86 for this camera in August 1993.
I paid $2.99!
11-01-2011, 09:53 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Managed to get a battery for my espio 738, now to source film, and someone to develop and print for me!
11-02-2011, 02:47 AM   #19

Just recently, I've started on a Pino 35S and a PC35AF-M (both $1.00).

Pino models were fixed focus, fixed 1/125th shutter speed motorized easy-to-use compacts with built in flash. The 3.8/35 mm lens uses hyperfocal focussing to manage sharpness from 1.3 m to infinity. But, hey, the S models has a macro mode (only available if the flash is popped out): you press a button and the lens is moved slightly outwards, now focussing down to 0.45 m!!!

The PC35AF was the first Pentax compact, very expensive in 1983, solidly built and an odd combination of (bad) autofocus and manual film transport. But the 2.8/35 mm 5-element lens delivers excellent pictures if you now the limits of the shutter. My M version has a built-in motor for film transport, the first model had only an attachable winder.

For both, I am waiting for the first rolls to be developped, let's see. Usability and feeling were good on both, I must admit, but I prefer the SLR feeling!

02-09-2012, 10:16 PM   #20

Photos: Gallery
Reading this thread brought back memories. The first autofocus compact I used was the PC35AF. Was a clamshell design and It reminded me of an AF version of the classic Olympus XA. I found a detachable power winder for it still on the camera. I also found the UC-1 I used to carry everywhere. And a chunky Zoom90 WR - I remember taking that one out on foul weather days. I used to wash / rinse the 90WR under the kitchen faucet. That one was built like a brick. Here's the pix I just took of the Pentax Trio I used to love carrying around.
04-25-2012, 07:24 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've now tried the UC-1/Espio Mini. I wasn't impressed. The thing seemed to overexpose, and the shutter lag was intolerable. I bought an Olympus XA as a replacement and haven't looked back even once.

Of the other Pentax film point and shoots there are, I've since tried the APS-film Efina, which did well, and the 35mm IQZoom 105WR, which is *excellent*. IN fact, the 105WR is the only auto-everything P&S I plan on holding onto in the long run.