Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
07-29-2009, 07:27 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
RiceHigh's Pentax Blog

Have you seen this already? I know someone out there to say something about it.

Imaging Resource "Comparometer" ™ Digital Camera Image Comparison Page

Comparing among K20D, K7 and Canon 500D, worst picture seemed was K7's to me. Well I don't know the lenses used, lighting conditions and supposedly correct exposures when taking those pictures. How could K7 be worse than K20D in 100 ASA stills I don't know, there must be something wrong, like firmware!. (Just kidding)

Ok. ducking for cover now.

07-29-2009, 07:35 AM   #2
and
Veteran Member

Do we need to create another thread about RH?
If you want to discuss the article then why not comment on his blog or post in his yahoo pentax group instead.
Nothing new about his views and I have a feeling there will be nothing new about the responses to this thread either.
07-29-2009, 07:39 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
Do we need to create another thread about RH?
If you want to discuss the article then why not comment on his blog or post in his yahoo pentax group instead.
Nothing new about his views and I have a feeling there will be nothing new about the responses to this thread either.
If I had seen one I wouldn't, would you point me one of those threads?
07-29-2009, 08:06 AM   #4
Veteran Member

please don't post a link to RH's blog. He has a long history here and finally left. If you want to read his blog, fine. If you want to leave comments on his blog, fine. But I believe it has been inappropriate to just post a link to his blog and say, "discuss."

Do a search. Plenty of RH rants and associated threads. Many were happy the day he left here.

07-29-2009, 08:11 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
please don't post a link to RH's blog. He has a long history here and finally left. If you want to read his blog, fine. If you want to leave comments on his blog, fine. But I believe it has been inappropriate to just post a link to his blog and say, "discuss."

Do a search. Plenty of RH rants and associated threads. Many were happy the day he left here.
Wait... I've been away from the forums for a while. RH LEFT?? Woo hoo!
07-29-2009, 08:13 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cbaytan Quote
Have you seen this already? I know someone out there to say something about it.

Ok. ducking for cover now.
judging by your profile picture, it seems you just got out of hybernation

this is a dead horse thats been beaten into the earths core, Rice High is in the same league as Ken Rockwell, and best left alone because discussing him/them never leads to anything productive.
07-29-2009, 08:14 AM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Removed the RH reference.

Referring to the topic at hand- from my first week of experience with the K-7, it seems that it produces slightly different color balance if you use the same custom image settings as the K20D. Might need a little bit of tweaking.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-29-2009, 09:51 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Removed the RH reference.
QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
please don't post a link to RH's blog.
Oh WOW!, nice move, I would never ever expect censorship from Pentaxians, by removing links etc. Besides I did a search and I can't find any RxxxHxxx from the posts.

So I guess I have to damn Rxxxhxxx blog, and Heil the K-7.
07-29-2009, 09:57 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Oh WOW!, nice move, I would never ever expect censorship from Pentaxians, by removing links etc. Besides I did a search and I can't find any RxxxHxxx from the posts.

You are only further showcasing your ignorance of current events.

ps, Adam runs this forum, a very censorship free forum, if there is something he wants to keep off it, its his right to do so.
07-29-2009, 10:01 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
You are only further showcasing your ignorance of current events.

ps, Adam runs this forum, a very censorship free forum, if there is something he wants to keep off it, its his right to do so.
My ignorance?

Thanks for letting me know about his rights, I knew that already when you hibernating..
07-29-2009, 10:03 AM   #11
Veteran Member

If you think Rice High is a professional photographer that runs unbiased tests, then yes, you are ignorant.
07-29-2009, 10:07 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

You stumbled into this blindly, but there is a history here, sort of like if someone were drawing random geometric shapes on a napkin in a kosher deli and ended up with a stylized swastika. The K-7 is fair game for criticism of any kind, but that one particular critic doesn't have any credibility on these forums. If you read some of the comment threads on his blog, you'll get a taste for why. I hope you can believe me when I say that these reactions to your post have some justification--whether fair or not, I don't know, but the animosity was certainly not directed at you.

Perhaps we can re-start this thread with a topic that refers to the Imaging Resource site?
07-29-2009, 10:13 AM   #13
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
If you think Rice High is a professional photographer that runs unbiased tests, then yes, you are ignorant.
How in the world, except his close friends etc. should know he is completely unbiased? Who said that?

So? Speaking politely, give me a break.
07-29-2009, 10:23 AM   #14
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JonPB Quote
You stumbled into this blindly, but there is a history here,
So since posting here is prohibited and I can't find it, please pm me those history. My curiosity grows. Right now it sounds like my dad's obscene printed material to me.
07-29-2009, 10:34 AM   #15
Veteran Member

1. Rice High has almost no gear of his own

2. the majority of his information comes from either borrowed, rented, or show-cased equipment.

3. he is very good at scouraging the internet for 3rd hand experiences and photos, which he compiles on his site in the form of a blog (although as far as i know is he diligent at giving credits to such sources)

4. everyone worth mentioning that has come in contact with Rice High will probably ascertain that he is not that good of a photographer, with very rare instances of him showcasing his personal work

5. his "tests" are often mock deliberations at putting down pentax, most experienced people often see the technical mistakes made in a particular photo creation, most often under exposure or simply bad light.

6. RH exhibits an unnatural tenacity towards making Pentax look bad, when the truth of the matter is (and this is where i am actually against many RH haters) is that the camera often has little to do with the final 800X600 output, all else being equal.

7. you will notice that RH doesnt bash lenses, intresting, no?

so in conclusion, after many years of fighting he got the boot (or left?), because it was a standstill.

he kept churring out anti-pentax material, and everyone kept telling him that he was purpously picking out the bad examples made either on purpose, or in error (or both)

considering how much amazing photographs appear in our very own photo-section, you really start to wonder why RH does what he does?
Closed Thread