Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-03-2009, 11:04 PM   #1

K-10D Lost images

Had an unfortunate "first" with my K-10D last night. Would appreciate any experts who might have seen this happen before.

I was taking portraits of a family in "Raw + jpg" mode. Took a couple of test shots and even pressed "play" to show them one. Kept shooting probably a dozen frames, then ejected the card to download pictures to a laptop.

One problem though. the pictures weren't there. None of them. Not even the one I showed them on the back of the camera.

Once I started breathing again, we re-set the shot and got through the rest of the night without another issue.

I've used this card for a few months without issues. Card was not "locked", as you get a message on the camera in this case.

Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas how I could have screwed this up?

Thanks

12-04-2009, 06:47 AM   #2

This happened to me shortly after I purchased my K10. I was shooting on a 16MB card (Yes... that is MB, not GB) I took several shots then quickly swapped out the card and later had nothing. I have never had it happen again and I honestly think I did not allow time for the final picture to completely write to the card before I tried to remove it. I have shot thousands of shots through that camera since, and probably hundreds on that same card, and it has never happened again. But now I am very careful to wait probably even longer than necessary before swapping cards. I hope that is what your issue is too.