06-23-2007, 06:29 AM   #2

Let's all just not respond please.
06-24-2007, 02:11 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
LOL, bull**** as usual
06-24-2007, 02:29 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Mmm, haven't had a go at you yet RiceHigh, so it's my turn.
QuoteQuote:
which they are still far lagging behind and the K cameras are by no means anything good to acceptable comparatively, say, when compared to a true up-market DSLR body like the Canon EOS 5D which is undoubtedly far superior in every aspect I have mentioned. Since I have owned the 5D for more than two weeks now and have already shot hundreds of photos under various different conditions, including adverse ones, I can see the obvious *huge* differences in all these important true performance aspects of a DSLR, very clearly and without any doubt.
What the **** is your problem??? AS HAS BEEN POINTED OUT TO YOU PREVIOUSLY THERE IS A HUGE PRICE DISCREPANCY BETWEEN THE CURRENT PENTAX DSLRS AND YOUR BLOODY 5D!!! Are you really so stupid that you cannot see that? Yes the 5D is a superior product - great - I'm glad you can afford it!!! So for those of us who can't, it is absolutely infuriating to watch you just sit there and bitch about a product we are quite happy with, because it was the best we could justify or afford! Please, take your bullsh!t, and **** off.

06-24-2007, 04:45 AM   #5

Gah now you did it. You gave him even more of the attention he likes.

He doesn't deserve it people.
06-24-2007, 05:05 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I know, but that was so damn satisfying. All I know is, when someone had a go at me for being an utter prick once, I was quite upset by it and he should be too.
06-24-2007, 05:14 AM   #7
TDN
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Troll says "what"...

06-24-2007, 05:15 AM   #8
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SupremeMoFo Quote
What the **** is your problem??? AS HAS BEEN POINTED OUT TO YOU PREVIOUSLY THERE IS A HUGE PRICE DISCREPANCY BETWEEN THE CURRENT PENTAX DSLRS AND YOUR BLOODY 5D!!! Are you really so stupid that you cannot see that? Yes the 5D is a superior product - great - I'm glad you can afford it!!! So for those of us who can't, it is absolutely infuriating to watch you just sit there and bitch about a product we are quite happy with, because it was the best we could justify or afford! Please, take your bullsh!t, and **** off.
Although I agree with the feelings you expressed (slightly different language LOL) and I've waded into these muddy waters as well a few times. I agree that we should all ignore his rantings and blogs. Read his BS but let's not make any public comments.

Ever notice the huge galleries of posted photos from RiceHigh? NOT!! Sure I'd like to have him take a long walk off a short pier (with cement shoes and in deep water-figuratively speaking) I think we should all just treat him like we did the Dunce in grade 3 - you go turn your back and sit in the corner with your funny hat and we'll ignore you till you smarten up. Trust me, the Canon guys are already starting to say the same things in their forums.

When he can post images the quality of benjikan, little laker, Heinrich Lohmann, codiac2600, SCGushue, and numerous others (a list too long to create, no intention of offending anyone missed). Then maybe, just maybe, he's worth a little attention (like that will ever happen...)
06-24-2007, 06:55 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm relatively new here, so I didn't completely understand everyone's frustration with RiceHigh. Now I see why he's so disliked. Why bother comparing the Pentax 10D to a Canon 5D? They're aimed at different price points. But, in a way, the comparison could be considered an endorsement of the 10D because in effect RiceHigh is saying that the closest equivalent camera that Canon offers costs 3 times as much as a 10D.
06-24-2007, 07:04 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I'm actually pleased that he compares the 5D and the K10D. Just shows how much thought and great engineering Pentax has put into the K10D. Near equal quality, at a mere fraction of the cost. All lenses past and present become stabilized, too!

Sounds good to me.
06-24-2007, 12:25 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Although I agree with the feelings you expressed (slightly different language LOL) and I've waded into these muddy waters as well a few times. I agree that we should all ignore his rantings and blogs. Read his BS but let's not make any public comments.

Ever notice the huge galleries of posted photos from RiceHigh? NOT!! Sure I'd like to have him take a long walk off a short pier (with cement shoes and in deep water-figuratively speaking) I think we should all just treat him like we did the Dunce in grade 3 - you go turn your back and sit in the corner with your funny hat and we'll ignore you till you smarten up. Trust me, the Canon guys are already starting to say the same things in their forums.

When he can post images the quality of benjikan, little laker, Heinrich Lohmann, codiac2600, SCGushue, and numerous others (a list too long to create, no intention of offending anyone missed). Then maybe, just maybe, he's worth a little attention (like that will ever happen...)
Wow, people remember me and my work

I do have to agree though you can't compare a 5D to a 10D Ricehigh, it's just plain stupid. It's like comparing a Lexus is300 to a Aston Martin Vanquish. Both are wonderful cars, but the feature sets are much too different to give a great comparison. You lack common sense sometimes Ricehigh and it's evident in may of your posts and all the measuring in the world can't save you.

Still it's funny that my K10D takes better pictures that the F1 car of cameras (MkIII cough).

You wanna test it, print the same image from both cameras and you'll see what I'm talking about
06-24-2007, 10:45 PM   #12
PDL
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by barendvl Quote
Let's all just not respond please.
Agreed

OH CR*P - I responded didn't I

PDL
06-25-2007, 01:38 PM   #13
Veteran Member

You are probably right...

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Well..You know you could be right. It could be called the K20D, K11D, K'loggs, K (fill in your own name)...But there will be a new Pentax Up Market DSLR..Perhaps sooner perhaps later..But it will be quite the "little bugger" when it does come out.

But what really matters is that all of us here use the material we have and make the best imagery we can at this juncture in time and until the next generation comes out....

I will just keep using my trusty "OLD" K10D to produce images for Magazines and Ad Campaigns and when the new stuff comes out, I guess i'll try it out and use it to shoot for Magazines and Ad Campaigns...etc etc etc...ooooopppssss forgot one more etc.

Last edited by benjikan; 02-07-2013 at 06:03 PM.
06-25-2007, 01:46 PM   #14
Veteran Member

5D vs K10D

QuoteOriginally posted by SupremeMoFo Quote
I am afraid that I DO NOT agree that the 5D is a superior product. In fact, I will say this. Give me a 5D and a K10D and I will do a shoot with both and put them in a magazine. You will NOT know which image was shot with which camera. The K10D has more features than the 5D, but the 5D has a full frame sensor. So what...With what I do and with the iso I use, that is 100-400 iso the differences are inconsequential. Both have their merits and faults. If I thought that a 5D or 1D Mklll were the way to go, I would go there. I was there up to six months ago and used all of the Canon gear. If Pentax was not up to scratch, I would not have gone with Pentax.

Last edited by benjikan; 02-07-2013 at 06:03 PM.
06-25-2007, 01:48 PM   #15

I don't own either camera but I have looked at 100's of pics from both,and imho, after pp, I like k10's pic quality better.