Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2007, 08:09 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
K20D with AF Fine Tuning?

Hot from the rumor ticker:

QuoteQuote:
New DSLR announced on 1/24/2008

I just visited the famous forum where in HK and read the news that pentax will announce new DSLR on 01/24/2008 (next year). The new model will be K20D and K200D which are the upgraded model of K10D and K100D. The specification are below. I don't it is true or not. Hope pentax will release new models of DSLR ASAP. Cheers.

I am not good in translation english, so i try my best. Sorry !!

K20D
- 14 MP APS-C CMOS but it is not from SONY, mentioned it is develiped by PENTAX
- with live view LCD
- new engine for management photos and support 14bit RAW fomat
- with improvement of SR
- body similar to K10D
QuoteQuote:
Yes I know someone who knows people at Pentax China and he confirmed the dates of January 24, 2007 for the press conferences. Apparently Pentax booked such events at least in Tokyo, Beijing and Shanghai.
New DSLR announced on 1/24/2008 (next year): Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
(and links noted there)

Babelfish:
QuoteQuote:
K20D (K10D upgrade Model)
- 14MP APS-C CMOS Sony 12MP CMOS Pentax -- Greater than 14 MP's APS-C format CMOS sensor: sensor is not Sony's 12 MP CMOS, but Pentax its own design, sensor manufacturers temporarily is still not clear, it is possible Samsung
- 14-bit RAW K10D 22-bit ADC -- New image processing engine designed to support the 14 - bit RAW format, whether to adopt and K10D the 22 - bit ADC is not clear. K10D 22-bit ADC, 12-bit RAW (K10D is 22 - bit ADC, 12-bit RAW output)
- Live View LCD -- Live View LCD
- SR -- Further improving the SR fuselage Anti-Shake system
- K10D -- Sealed with K10D similar fuselage design, the Custom Function menu will be strengthened, the shooting rate is upgrading the current uncertainty, there are also relatively limited upgrade estimates, as growth in the need to completely re-design of the shutter and reflector system.

K200D (K100D Super escalation models)
- K10D Sony 10MP APS-C CCD -- K10D same Sony 10MP APS-C CCD sensor
- K10D 22-bit ADC 12-bit RAW -- Do not have K10D the 22 - bit ADC output for the 12 - bit RAW format
- K100D 10 RAW K10D JPEG 3fps -- Than K100D greater memory buffer, about shooting 10 or so can the RAW format, similar K10D only limited by the memory card capacity JPEG unlimited shooting, shooting rate not more than three fps
- K100D pentamirror CR-V3 4 AA -- And K100D similar fuselage design, the viewfinder is pentamirror, electricity is still CR-V3 or four AA
- Other small improvement
Fuller variant:
QuoteQuote:
K20D (K10D upgrade Model)

- 14MP APS-C CMOS Sony 12MP CMOS Pentax Cypress -- Greater than 14 MP's APS-C format CMOS sensor: sensor is not Sony's 12 MP CMOS, but Pentax its own design, sensor manufacturers temporarily is still not clear, it is possible Samsung or Cypress
- 14-bit RAW K10D 22-bit ADC -- New image processing engine designed to support the 14 - bit RAW format, whether to adopt and K10D the 22 - bit ADC is not clear. K10D 22-bit ADC, 12-bit RAW (K10D is 22 - bit ADC, 12-bit RAW output)
- Live View LCD -- Larger, wide viewing angles Live View LCD
- SR -- Further improving the SR fuselage Anti-Shake system
- K10D -- K10D similar fuselage design sealed stainless steel skeleton
- AF -- The Custom menu function will be significantly strengthened, and may include different camera memory can offset fine-tuning the AF.
- *ist D K10D PC Sync K20D -- * Ist D there, and K10D canceled flash socket PC Sync will K20D regression
- K100D/K10D K20D TTL P-TTL -- And K100D/K10D, K20D still not be compatible with traditional TTL flashing lights, only P-TTL
- K10D -- And K10D一样, wireless primers can be flash external flashing lights flash, but which still can not use flash, high-speed synchronous
- *ist D K20D -- From the * ist D began to be canceled, many users call for the restoration of the old mechanical aperture - coupled in K20D still not resumed
- Sequential shooting rate is upgrading the current uncertainty, there are also relatively limited upgrade estimates, the need to increase substantially the shutter completely redesigned and reflector system.

11-19-2007, 08:26 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
havent the rumor mills been saying this for a while now? but it keeps getting squashed? I believe it though. With sony, canon, and nikon coming out with 12+ megapixel cameras, i dont see how pentax could last much longer without bringing something new. Good news for Pentax, this means Hoya is for real about supporting Pentax.

And for the nay sayers saying that Pentax screwed up by not bringing it out for the holiday season; No one outside of slr geeks like us probably even know that canon, nikon, sony has made new ones. So it doesnt really matter. Id rather Pentax spend the little extra time to perfect the k20d and win all the awards again like they did with the K10d.
11-19-2007, 08:55 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I guess we'll know for sure in a couple of months. It sounds really good though I have to wonder about the sensor. Samsung isn't exactly know for it's manufacture of APS-C size sensors. They're more known for the small ones in p&s and cell phone cameras. I hope that they get it right in one shot.
11-19-2007, 09:57 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by HawaiianOnline Quote
I guess we'll know for sure in a couple of months. It sounds really good though I have to wonder about the sensor. Samsung isn't exactly know for it's manufacture of APS-C size sensors. They're more known for the small ones in p&s and cell phone cameras. I hope that they get it right in one shot.
What is supposed to be is a Pentax-designed sensor. The only question is manufactured by who e.g. Samsung or Cypress. But the design is supposed to be from Pentax.

11-19-2007, 10:04 AM   #5
JMS

It's great to hear that the K-mount will be de-crippled.
11-19-2007, 10:10 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JMS Quote
It's great to hear that the K-mount will be de-crippled.
Mm If I read well the mount will be as crippled as the K10D mount... nothing new here.
11-20-2007, 04:20 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If its true its very good news. My K10 is all the camera i'll ever need for my purposes for now so i may well wait and see whats good in the leap frog generation. For now im more interested in their new (and old/er) lenses. From what i've gathered the K20 is going to be a pro model and not just a K10 minor upgrade which is what the K200 really looks like. All depends on this mysterious new sensor they've got and how much MORE of an improvement in IQ it can deliver over the K10, which to be honest is a pretty mean feat considering...they've spent a fair while developing it so it may well be a new standard we see among sensors come Jan. Time will tell.

11-30-2007, 03:11 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Historically, what has been the gap in time between when Pentax announces a new camera and when it starts shipping? And is that gap likely to lessen with Hoya's resources behind Pentax now?

If the camera is announced on Jan. 24, when can we expect it to hit the shelves?
11-30-2007, 03:24 PM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by switters Quote
Historically, what has been the gap in time between when Pentax announces a new camera and when it starts shipping? And is that gap likely to lessen with Hoya's resources behind Pentax now?

If the camera is announced on Jan. 24, when can we expect it to hit the shelves?
There is no way to now the gap but I expect the gap between the company says "available" the real world availability to be much better than before.
But if Pentax annunce their cameras will be out end of march, well they will be end of march and that's it...
12-16-2007, 10:11 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
Hot from the rumor ticker:

New DSLR announced on 1/24/2008 (next year): Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
(and links noted there)

Babelfish:

Fuller variant:
In korea people say CCD that make Samsung, bcz K10D use hardware(for example Ram) from Samsung. in addition last year Samsung succed 14MP CCD and 10000 ISO, so K20D possible 6400ISO, using Iso6400 noise is similar K10d ISO 800. other people say next CCD is Foven X3.
However Rumor is Rumor.
12-16-2007, 11:15 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JongWeon Quote
other people say next CCD is Foven X3.
However Rumor is Rumor.
That one is most certainly incorrect
12-17-2007, 03:51 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JongWeon Quote