Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2009, 03:30 AM   #601
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote

No live histogram if the camera isn't in LV mode because the sensor needs to be exposed to the light to be able to display a live histogram.

So either Pentax has indeed found a way to combine optical and electronic VF or... this is just a nice compilation of all the BS running freely on the internet (what? No square FF sensor with APS-H crop mode?)
My old E-330 uses a second, smaller sensor for live view, which is placed in the viewfinder assembly. High-end Nikons use a second, smaller sensor for their metering and also tracking color with their AF system. I see no reason why a smaller sensor couldn't also be used to show exposure data.

04-21-2009, 03:32 AM   #602
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by cateto Quote
Believe what you will: contrary to some rices, I make no business out of making noise about Pentax.

I posted this because I honestly think there is valuable information in that article. Whether others agree or not, it's up to them.
On the internal flash they are either wrong , as the previous picks show about the same lines on the prism housing where in other models the flash pops up. or we can see two new models, one with and one without internal flash....

I'd go for the internal flash one as that has proven very usefull. While not as versatile as a AF540 it is very usefull if you occasionally need flash and cannot be bothered lugging the flash about if you are not sure you will use it...
04-21-2009, 03:36 AM   #603
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cateto Quote
I posted this because I honestly think there is valuable information in that article.
@cateto, I am convinced you did. I apologize if you feel offended by my post. Sorry. Really wasn't my intention.
04-21-2009, 04:11 AM   #604
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pareto Quote
If the additional costs of the larger sensor were lower then the additional costs of a vertical grip, it would be a smart and compact innovation.
What about extra battery life? More bulk/size and better balancing for those that need it? You totally disregard the the other added benefits of a grip here.

04-21-2009, 04:31 AM   #605

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
At least it is 100% sure that Pentax was working on a Limited body. Here's one of the photos from the famous Ivyjopy's blog. What do we see here? The text "Concept-4 design" and "Goes well with the DSLR Limited Lens"

If this is the new viral image they throw up, then to me its another hint of no build-in flash. Although in the very first photo there is a seam that could be part of the flash.
04-21-2009, 04:40 AM   #606
Veteran Member

Name Pentax K7D confirmed by Pentax

Pentax has confirmed the name of its new model will be
Pentax K7D

The confirmation is from Walter Geißler (Pentax Austria).
Read it here:
Neue Pentax K7D - Aktuelle News - Forum - fotografie.at

This source was spotted by our forum member 'blende8' and posted in another German forum. blende8 agreed that this confirms the name.

Walter announces to release specs in the Austrian thread on May 20 (third week of May, actually).
04-21-2009, 04:50 AM   #607
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by XATN3q Quote
Well, look like Pentax just chop off the fix lens on the X70 and stick the limited lens on the new body , I guess this is the first step to adapt and testing the compatability of Da lens on something like the NX ???
QuoteOriginally posted by whatever7 Quote
If this is the new viral image they throw up, then to me its another hint of no build-in flash. Although in the very first photo there is a seam that could be part of the flash.
The new camera is *not* on this latest image. That's a K-m in the top-left corner, covering the "ept-4 ] design" text.

04-21-2009, 04:53 AM   #608
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RBellavance Quote
The new camera is *not* on this latest image. That's a K-m in the top-left corner, covering the "ept-4 ] design" text.
Sure it is - what do you think it's pixel-ated out on the design sheet? The actual thing isn't anywhere to be seen, but if he took the time to blur out the design, I think it's safe to say that the new camera was visible somewhere on that sheet.
04-21-2009, 04:54 AM   #609
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Pentax has confirmed the name of its new model will be
Pentax K7D

The confirmation is from Walter Geißler (Pentax Austria).
Read it here:
Neue Pentax K7D - Aktuelle News - Forum - fotografie.at

This source was spotted by our forum member 'blende8' and posted in another German forum. blende8 agreed that this confirms the name.

Walter announces to release specs in the Austrian thread on May 20 (third week of May, actually).
Thanks for the heads-up. Now that probably means more speculation for a full month, still.
04-21-2009, 05:03 AM   #610
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ewalk Quote
Sure it is - what do you think it's pixel-ated out on the design sheet? The actual thing isn't anywhere to be seen, but if he took the time to blur out the design, I think it's safe to say that the new camera was visible somewhere on that sheet.
Of course... But XATN3q and whatever7 seemed to be commenting on the body shape of the K-m.
04-21-2009, 05:07 AM   #611
Veteran Member

What are the advantages of not having an internal flash?

- Teeny weeny size and weight saving?

Versus the advantages

- Having a flash with you all the time (even if it isn't as powerful as an external unit its still more powerful than no flash at all!)
- For controlling flashes wirelessly

Why would Pentax not include a flash? Cost saving? Surely this offset by the fact that many people won't by a camera without an onboard flash.
04-21-2009, 05:19 AM   #612
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
Why would Pentax not include a flash? Cost saving? Surely this offset by the fact that many people won't by a camera without an onboard flash.
Viewfinder size/features, seems quite obvious to me.
04-21-2009, 05:25 AM   #613
Veteran Member

What are the advantages of not having an internal flash?

- Teeny weeny size and weight saving?
Won't make much of a difference indeed, but could make the design of the top of the body a lot easier, since making an internal flash that sticks out high enough to avoid red eyes as much as possible means making the top relatively long.

Versus the advantages

- Having a flash with you all the time (even if it isn't as powerful as an external unit its still more powerful than no flash at all!)
It is practical to have a fill-in flash without extra carrying, but not as conventient as you may suggest. I only use it as a fill-in in combination with my primes, as I'm only sure with those lenses that the flash won't be blocked by the hood of the lens. My other frequently used lenses (the DA* zooms) are not compatible.

- For controlling flashes wirelessly
Indeed, but the optical triggering system is far from perfect. Often I find the built-in flash not powerful enough for the remote flashes to pick up its signal. I have abandoned using it altogether and rely on a Cactus trigger for all remote flash work now. That requires a full manual setup, but this is needed anyway in most cases.

I guess since Pentax were the first to make a SLR with a built-in flash (the SFX) they have the right to remove it again?

But I guess they won't. I'm counting on an internal flash.

Wim
04-21-2009, 05:27 AM   #614

If there is no flash there might be a built in flash radio transmitter , and a new Pentax flash receiver accessory. That would be great.
04-21-2009, 05:27 AM   #615
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
QuoteQuote:
Viewfinder size/features, seems quite obvious to me
The D300 has a 1.0x viewfinder and a built-in flash and is pretty much identical in size to the D200.

You may think its obvious but it clearly isn't.