Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2009, 11:09 AM   #1

New camera: price and availability.

Hope this is not a dupe, but there has been some info posted on the new camera on that other forum.

According to TeKaDe - Deutschlands und Österreichs Pentax Shop Nr. 1:

Pentax neue DSLR KxxD ab sofort per Mail bestellbar. Preis um EUR 1500,00. Auslieferung Ende Juni/Anfang Juli 2009!

Which translates roughly to:

New Pentax DSLR KxxD can now be ordered by e-mail. Price EUR 1500.00. Delivery late June / early July 2009!

Which would make it roughly 2000 CDN$. Wow.

04-20-2009, 11:26 AM   #2

If it has an APS-H 1.3 sensor or better I will be buying, if it's APS-C I will pass.
04-20-2009, 11:32 AM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by Angevinn Quote
If it has an APS-H 1.3 sensor or better I will be buying, if it's APS-C I will pass.
The same for me, but I don't have too much hope...
04-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I, too, would love APS-H. Obsoleting my existing DA lenses for an absolutely negligible improvement? Sign me up!

04-20-2009, 12:03 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ah yes, the sensor size makes all the difference in the world NOT

Last edited by Matjazz; 04-20-2009 at 12:41 PM.
04-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Now who would order E 1500,00 camera without knowing anything about it. I don't think even our regular funboys will do this.
04-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #7
cyg

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Angevinn Quote
Pentax is one of the few manufacturers to have settled on a unique sensor format so APS-H sounds unlikely imho.

Although a larger sensor with various APS-C crops would be cute.

04-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
APS-C or H, either would be okay with better low light sensitivity, higher dynamic range, and lower noise at high iso.
04-20-2009, 12:15 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cyg Quote
Pentax is one of the few manufacturers to have settled on a unique sensor format so APS-H sounds unlikely imho.
It would also be very silly.
04-20-2009, 12:58 PM   #10
Forum Member

Hope this is not a dupe, but there has been some info posted on the new camera on that other forum.

Pentax neue DSLR KxxD ab sofort per Mail bestellbar. Preis um EUR 1500,00. Auslieferung Ende Juni/Anfang Juli 2009!

Which translates roughly to:

New Pentax DSLR KxxD can now be ordered by e-mail. Price EUR 1500.00. Delivery late June / early July 2009!

Which would make it roughly 2000 CDN$. Wow.

Honestly now I think that we are falling in with these ridiculous speculations ... you're exaggerating a bit, in general
04-20-2009, 01:56 PM   #11
cyg

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Vinfer Quote
Honestly now I think that we are falling in with these ridiculous speculations ... you're exaggerating a bit, in general
Not sure what speculations you are talking about.

This is a statement that is posted on the homepage of a large German internet store...

Are you suggesting that they are speculating on the price and availability?
04-20-2009, 03:33 PM   #12
Forum Member

Are you suggesting that they are speculating on the price and availability?
Yes.
04-20-2009, 03:41 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Any German speaker would care to write to info@tekade.de with request for more information?

My German become too rusty to do that...
04-20-2009, 05:38 PM   #14

The specs that were leaked today on Olympus and Panasonic rumors were:

UPDATE (possible specs made by a german reseller):

-possible name Pentax K7D!!!

-Square sensor? 1.3 crop factor.

- A new, overhauled, excellent AF system
- At least 5fps
- 1.0x viewfinder
- 720p video with audio
- 1/8000 shutter
- 2.7 or 3.0 inch VGA res screen

-1.300-1.500Euro

The specs have since been taken down, except for the price.

The "D" series of Pentax lenses have been shown to work even on FF film cameras (for the most part). I don't believe there will be a problem with using Pentax "D" lenses on an APS-H 1.3 sensor.

Canon, Nikon and Sony all sell both APS-C and FF DSLRs, I hope it's just a matter of time before Pentax brings a FF DSLR model out. There is plenty of room in the market to support both formats. I am intrigued by the square APS-H 1.3 sensor and will buy a K7D if the rumors are true.

The rumored specs seem to match the earlier rumor from:

Rumor from China: Pentax K30D with a 14mp APS-H sensor (and K300D w/CMOS) - 1001 Noisy Cameras

There is a hot new rumor from China discussed vigorously in the Pentax dpreview forum talking of a future 14-megapixel K30D using an APS-H (1.3x) sensor instead of the usual APS-C (1.5x). Also rumored is a K300D using a Samsung CMOS sensor instead of the 10mp CCD of the K200D.

The possibility of an APS-H sensor is not invalidated by DA lenses, because a number of them, at least the ones of interest to enthusiasts (who would be interested in this camera) have an image circle larger than APS-C (1.5x).

With the exception of Canon's 1D series, we haven't really seen APS-H sensors. On the other hand though this could be a maverick move by Pentax offering an in-between alternative for those who want larger than APS-C sensors but don't want to pay full-frame prices.

This is also not invalidated by statements from Samsung on full frame sensors not coming soon, which would make sense if they were planning APS-H sensors in-between.

This could also work in differentiating the APS-C Samsung "Hybrid" line with a larger APS-H DSLR line.

Of course all the above are rumors and speculation! Again please keep in mind this is a rumor! And for speed-readers out there, this is a speed-bump, this is a rumor!

Posted on November 02, 2008 at 05:26 PM

These are just rumors, time will pronounce what the real specs are.

Last edited by Angevinn; 04-20-2009 at 06:24 PM.
04-20-2009, 06:06 PM   #15
Forum Member

I don't know why the APS-H rumor still does not die after so many months. Nor will the new camera have a square sensor. It's same old APS-C, perhaps even the same Samsung 14MP sensor.

While I am not certain if the sensor will be the same, I certainly hope Pentax or Samsung don't go further in the megapixel race because 14-15MP for APS-C is currently the limit for decent image quality. I'd rather see the new camera to have 14MP and actually improves high ISO performance, by one stop if that can be done.

Peter