Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2009, 07:15 AM   #61
Nubi

QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
Maybe you haven't seen my photos yet. I define "marginal."

Do you have any nude photos of your wife?

Do you want to buy some?

bada-bing. I'll be here all week...try the veal.

Well, I have seen your photos, and I think they are quite good; they can't possibly marginalize photography, not to mention art.

As to the nude pics of my wife, I believe the July issue is still available at your local news stands. :ugh:

07-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #62
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
I agree with your comments most of the time, but this one I have to respectfully disagree. Art is not something that can be marginalized so easily with a stroke of a pen( or keyboard, I suppose). In fact, I cannot think of anything whatsoever that can marginalize art.
Tracey Emin?
07-15-2009, 07:34 AM   #63
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Oleg_V

k7 против k20 - Форумы Пента-клуба
07-15-2009, 07:41 AM   #64
Nubi

George W.?

07-15-2009, 08:37 AM   #65
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
He said that K-7 is better than K20D, and no any NR under RAW till ISO1600 inclusive. He is ready to sell old *ist DS.
07-21-2009, 05:16 AM   #66

Photos: Gallery
From the venerable Mr Mabo: "Neither Oleg nor Gordon has translated their technical findings into real prints. ...
It would be interresting to know if Mr Oleg and Mr Gordon makes prints as large as Benjamin does... If not, then why bother?"

Exactly. The amount of pointless discussion about "noise" is a waste of electrons, and new irritating noise in itself. Where will average photographer display their work? On small screens or in print. Usually 6X4". Sometimes A4 or A3. Maybe even up to A2 size. Will you ever notice this noise most of these people are so worried about? No.

To me it seems the same as using an oscilloscope to analyse the waveforms of a valve in an amplifier, instead of enjoying the music.

Why do people buy cameras? To talk about noise? Go outside. Stop taking photos around the house and venture a little farther. Jump on train, boat etc and follow a theme. Forget noise for a minute or sixty. Enjoy thinking about how light washes over and across and into things, like a cold radiant shower. Reflecting and following itself endlessly. Go and think about light, not noise!

Last edited by Stefan Carey; 07-21-2009 at 05:23 AM. Reason: added quote
07-23-2009, 11:10 AM   #67
Veteran Member

Balance ... thats what we need in life and what we need in this K7 discussion.

I think Pentax forums, and folks like Gordonbegood are doing a huge service to Pentax by pointing out areas to improve on. Pentax staff have shown the ability to make progressive improvements in their product. If you look at K10 (where i started with Pentax SLRS 22 months ago) to K20 to K7, there are substantial improvments in each camera body. One has only to look at the quiet shutter from K20 to K7 to see a milestone.

If we wanted to pay $2500 per K7, i'm sure the Pentax engineers could have taken on more issues to work on, camera body to camera body. We need to be a little less impatient with Pentax, the number of lenses they've brought to market in the last 2 years is amazing -

And guys like Gordon, offer a huge, huge advantage to Pentax staff in knowing where to spend their development efforts for the next model.

And i like positive threads like this, because there is truly no perfect camera or lens. Of course we will continue to push for improved products, such is the nature of mankind, but we will also continue to enjoy and effectively use our existing systems. I've only had my K20 for about 2 months and its an impressive camera. Once i get a handle on my LBA, someday, i might even be able to afford a K20 sucessor, K7 or whatever :-)

07-28-2009, 04:45 PM   #68
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
Once i get a handle on my LBA
Good luck with that. Did you find some meds or something to help? Let us know because others are struggling with this crippling disease...
08-02-2009, 01:32 AM   #69

QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
Good luck with that. Did you find some meds or something to help? Let us know because others are struggling with this crippling disease...
As one who suffers, I can attest to the truth of the highlighted portion of your last statement.