Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-29-2011, 07:27 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New type of intervalometer

I saw this and it looked interesting. Unfortunately, its just for Canon currently. I believe it uses the tethering API to make the shutter adjustments.

They show some pretty neat time-lapsed sequences.

This is a very nice implementation of why having a published tethered API opens up the ability of the camera body - and actually reduces the development investment for Pentax, as they would not have to maintain their Remote Assistant software - just let third parties provide the utilities.

08-12-2011, 05:07 AM - 1 Like   #2

Hi,

I purchased the Little Bramper a couple of months ago in April (as a guinea pig for Pentax) and I just want to say that the Little Bramper works wonderfully for my K-5!
Canon and Pentax use the same connectors, which is why so many Canon remote controllers or intervallometers work for Pentax too.

I didn't try this on the K10D as the K10D nees an additional hotshoe PC adaptor, but I am fairly sure it would work too... and it must definitely work on the K-7 and K20D too. I really like it.

For those who may buy it, I found that the X-time was around 20ms (much better than the Canon cameras ) but I did not try it under steady, reliable conditions.
08-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Here is a link: Little Bramper - bulb-ramping intervalometer for Canon dSLRs

This actually looks interesting:

QuoteQuote:
Little Bramper is an intervalometer with some unusual and advanced capabilities. Most significantly, by using the camera’s Bulb mode it allows you to vary the exposure smoothly during the time-lapse session. This is Little Bramper’s raison d’etre. Little Bramper also allows you to use arbitrary intervals; no longer are you limited to whole seconds. With this flexibility comes a degree of additional complexity, so I still recommend conventional intervalometers (cheap ebay ones) for basic time-lapse scenarios. Please note: Little Bramper produces the best results with exposure times of about 1/10s or longer - you may need to use a neutral density filter for some brightly lit shots (e.g. sunsets).