Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
SilkyPix Transverse CA processing example
Posted By: dosdan, 11-28-2009, 02:04 PM

This is an example of CA correction only. I would do further processing on this shot.

K20D
DA 55-300/F4-5.8
300mm FL, F8, 2s, ISO 200
Taken early morning (4:49 am) on 31st Jan 2009 from a distance of 950m (3120 feet)

Original shot

100% crop comparison of structures at top left of centre

The original 100% crop shows purple-fringing. I'm using Silkypix Developer Studio Pro. I worked on this correction in SilkyPix at 400% magnification, so you may need to magnify your browser view to see it better.

In top-right of the comparison quartet, I adjusted the Red magnification rate to -8. This reduced the PF, but now a bluish colouration appeared just below the roof line.

In the bottom left image I then adjusted the Blue magnification rate to -12. This left a little bit of blue just below the roof line without too much yellow colouration appearing above the roof line. This is setting I would use.

In the bottom right image I adjusted the Blue rate further to remove the blue completely, but now the green-yellow above the roof line has become more prominent.

Last edited by dosdan; 03-16-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Views: 7,266

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bottom, correction, example, image, line, magnification, rate, roof, silkypix