Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
More Supermoons
Lens: PK-A 135mm f/2.8 Camera: K-7 Photo Location: DEnver, Colorado USA ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/25s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: rbefly, 06-23-2013, 08:41 PM

Here's a another SuperMoon shot, taken just before the moon setting, 05:32 AM MDT.The lens is a Pentax A 135mm f/2.8, @ f/7.1 which isn't on the dropdown menu), Shutter speed 1/25s, with - 1 Ev dialed in, this is how I was bracketing my shots. I was running two camera bodies and several lenses, including the FA 100-300mm, which came out larger but not sharper.
ISO 100, tripod, cable release, lens hoods on every lens, coffee, camp chair, the works! By 05:00 there were at least 10 more photographers at the 'classic' downtown scenic site, the West side of the Museum of Natural History in City Park.
The yellow/orange tint and haze are from the wioldfires here, but it did rain Sunday night, a relief to everyone.
Ron

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 

Views: 999
06-23-2013, 10:18 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
very nice, I like that you were able to include the buildings, gives great perspective.
06-23-2013, 10:29 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
You, Too!

Thanks, Bob. I've enjoyed your moon photos also, especially the first set, one moon shot and one sunset with powerlines. Whereabouts was that taken from?
Ron
06-23-2013, 10:43 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rbefly Quote
Thanks, Bob. I've enjoyed your moon photos also, especially the first set, one moon shot and one sunset with powerlines. Whereabouts was that taken from?
Ron
Ron, we are visiting family and staying in Falcon which is near Colorado Springs. It was a very smoky day here as you would probably suspect being from Colorado, photos taken from our campground on the prairie.

06-23-2013, 11:24 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Very nice moon shot, Ron ... J
06-24-2013, 07:50 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks!

Hi John, glad you liked the photo.
Here's one more, taken about 20 minutes earlier, before the moon dropped behind the building. After this shot I moved North to get the mountains in the background. Same camera and lens, f/8.0, 0.4s, ISO 100.
Ron
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
06-24-2013, 07:52 AM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

Hi John, glad you liked the photo.
Here's one more, taken about 20 minutes earlier, before the moon dropped behind the building. After this shot I moved North to get the mountains in the background. Same camera and lens, f/8.0, 0.4s, ISO 100.
Ron
Another good one, too ... J

06-24-2013, 01:38 PM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

That first shot is a bit special.
Must be a great view from those flats.
06-24-2013, 02:54 PM - 1 Like   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What really completes the first picture for me are those distant, hazy and smoothly layered hills in the bottom part of the photo.
06-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks!

To John, Mickey and Fries, I appreciate your comments. I took about 100 photos that morning and this one (the first post) is the one that stuck out. It took very little PP, the rendering of the A 135mm f/2.8 is fantastic for certain scenes. Guess this was one of them!
Ron
06-24-2013, 06:02 PM - 1 Like   #11

Nicely done! I agree with Fries, the layers of the mountains truly adds to this!
06-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hey! I Know You!

Hi Marcus, is that you? I took the first photo from the bench where we were talking.
I got your PM and sent one back. Are you going to post any SuperMoon photos? I'd be interested in seeing what you shot.
Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it.
PK Forever!
Ron
06-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #13

Hi Marcus, is that you? I took the first photo from the bench where we were talking.
I got your PM and sent one back. Are you going to post any SuperMoon photos? I'd be interested in seeing what you shot.
PK Forever!
Ron
Right on... I will let you know once I post, haven't done that before so I will need to figure it out! Maybe I will post to flickr and give you the link now that they have up'd the storage limit for free accounts.
07-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #14

PK Forever!
Ron
Ok, so I guess I needed a little motivation to post something... posted this for the Ricoh GR IV contest. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/230087-cityscape-because...ml#post2439111
07-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Never Enough Supermoons

Hi Marcus,
Very impressive SuperMoon shot. I like the bandstand in the foreground and especially the water reflection.
I was there again Sunday night for the Concert In The Park series, Ron Miles played, but a quick downpour shortened the show.
Nice entry in the Ricoh contest, good luck!
Ron