Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2011, 05:21 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Application for Pentax Professional Services Program

Sent an application enquiry around December last year which till now has no reply. ah well.

Just to ask if anyone here has benefited from the program?

01-27-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
Inactive Account

What is this program you are writing about?
01-27-2011, 06:35 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by I shoot people Quote
What is this program you are writing about?
basically its similar to CPS and NPS.
01-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #4
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Reportage Quote
basically its similar to CPS and NPS.
I have no idea what you are talking about..

01-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Here the details
Digital Cameras and Accessories - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site
01-27-2011, 10:16 PM   #6
Forum Member

Sent an application enquiry around December last year which till now has no reply. ah well.

Just to ask if anyone here has benefited from the program?
Took me about a month to be rejected. After 4-5 weeks of hearing nothing, you may wish to call to make sure it was received. If you're a sports photog, you should get in fine.

They were tactful enough to not tell me the problem. I'm chief cook and bottle washer of a website that covers vintage automotive events in the general area. 100% original content, full-time and 100% of my personal income. One year old. Not doing too bad, considering. Since I do my own work for myself, I suspect they figure I'm a hobbyist in drag. Worth the try for the priority repair, though. If my K-7 goes down, my workflow will be growing cobwebs since I'll be going back to two Super Programs. Can't complain too much - Canikon would demand that I buy more AND charge me a fee for the privilege.
01-28-2011, 11:46 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
No loss even if i get rejected since still have CPS to fall back on. Just that sure takes a long time even with information provided. A receipt that they at least got my mail would be nice.

01-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mister Pita Quote
Canikon would demand that I buy more AND charge me a fee for the privilege.
True

CPS demands
-2 bodies >= 30D
-3 "L" lenses
-$100/yr

For that you get 2 free cleanings/yr and priority service and discounted repairs... and access to rental pool.

I kinda like the $100/yr and 2 free cleanings though because it provides good incentive to keep the gear in top shape. I just got my 1DmkIII back from a complete overhall (free) and I got 30% off repairing a broken flash (cost me $70 in the end) and a "Loose" lens ($130). I shipped it all off on a Monday and it arrived at my door on Friday.

So far none of my Pentax gear has broken so I have not been able to try out my PPS membership.
04-12-2011, 06:41 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
its April now and not even a hoot of a reply. an email acknowledgement would have been nice.

ah well.
04-12-2011, 11:50 PM   #10
Veteran Member

If you're in the USA - just buy a 645D, problem solved
Last I heard, if you bought a 645d in the USA you automatically got access to the Pro Network.

Not the case here in Australia though, I asked about it and was told the current network is good enough as is, so no need to offer the pro service due to already fast turn around times and lots of servicing centres and trained technicians (though my 645D still went back to Japan for warranty work) .... the free cleans, access to a hire pool, try before you buy ....etc was convieniently glossed over and forgotten about though
04-13-2011, 07:07 AM   #11
Forum Member

its April now and not even a hoot of a reply. an email acknowledgement would have been nice.

ah well.
You should have gotten a reply either way, so something is wrong in the process. Time to be proactive, if you still want in.