Pentax Accessory Reviews » Viewfinders and Screens » Focusing Screens (Third-Party)
Bresson FS-45DS Split Image Focusing Screen Review RSS Feed

1 x Plastic tweezers
2 x Latex finger cots
1 x Cleaning cloth

Add Review of Bresson FS-45DS Split Image Focusing Screen
Sort Reviews by: Date | Author | Rating | Recommendation | Likes (Descending) Showing Reviews 1-1 of 1

Registered: August, 2011
Location: Langwarrin Australia

Review Date: September 1, 2015 I can recommend this item: Yes | Price: $20.00 | Rating: 8

Pros: Very bright, easy to focus in low light
Cons: No installation instructions

This is a well packaged item with every thing and more that could be needed to install it with the glaring exception that NO intructions are included. Luckily I have changed focusing screens in other cameras and knew what to do. The screen itself is not well finished on its edges but its all important faces are very well finished.
I have installed this screen in my old K5 and have been using it as a test to explore whether to change my K3's screen to one of these. Installing this screen was a breeze as it fitted snuggly in my K5 and hasn't needed to have any shims added or changed, straight out of the box with this screen I found it so easy with all of my old Taks,K,M and A glass to find critical focus even in dull light. The 45deg. double split coupled with the micro prism collar are just brilliant in low light. Most will want to know if this sceen has changed the camera's metering and I can't say that I've noticed any discernable difference but 80-90 percent of the time I use incident light readings and not reflected light readings from the camera's meter.
After usind this screen for 6 weeks now I have decided to now put one in both my K5IIs and my K3. This is a great value item that only loses two points in my score for it because of its lack of instructions and the finish on its edges, which I have forgiven it for.

Glenn
Add Review of Bresson FS-45DS Split Image Focusing Screen

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:55 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!