Review statistics for mikeSF
Accessories Added 4  (View Accessory Entires)
Number of times products viewed 5,640
Latest Accessory Addition 920992cb38f24b81ac31385a8a8044f3.jpg
Priolite Priolite MBX300
Latest Review Posted Priolite Priolite MBX300
Surprised there are no other reviews here yet.

I've been using a pair of Priolite strobes with the 645Z for my portrait, interiors, event shooting for 2.5 years so far, and am quite pleased with the system.
I only have one battery per light which is dicey for professional shoots, but so far have been able to get hundreds of flashes from a single charge.

The controller is very intuitive, especially when using more than one light, though it is a little bulky.

I use the MBX300 as a fill alongside the MBX500ultra for hot sync daytime portraits, and am pleased with my results. The housing of this model is somewhat larger than the 500, but I have found LowePro bags for each, for storage and transport.

A fun extra, I was shooting a wedding, and accidentally hit the SLAVE button without knowing what it was. At the reception, my walkaround shooting using an off camera flash was very pleasantly supplemented with some dance floor backlighting by one of the strobes, resulting in a nice multi-light effect for my walkaround shots.

Bowens mount modifiers are readily accessible for this system, as it is not necessary to purchase proprietary gear from Priolite. I also took a chance on purchasing an extra glass dome from a random dealer in China, and it was a great value and arrived in perfect condition.

My only issue so far is that at a shoot, the battery was not fully clicked into place and it hit the floor when i tilted the light up. The retainer clips broke off and now I...

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:18 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!