Pentax Accessory Reviews » Winders, Backs, and Grips for Film Cameras (Legacy) » Winders and Motor Drives
Pentax AA Battery Grip for SF series SLRs Review RSS Feed

1 761 Thu July 21, 2016

Pentax AA Battery Grip for SF series SLRs

The AA grip allowed SF series camera owners to replace the expensive 2CR5 lithium battery with AA cells. The left item is the original lithium battery holder, the right hand one is the AA grip.

Add Review of Pentax AA Battery Grip for SF series SLRs
Sort Reviews by: Date | Author | Rating | Recommendation | Likes (Descending) Showing Reviews 1-1 of 1

Registered: March, 2012
Location: Western Sydney, Australia
Review Date: July 21, 2016 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: $37.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Allows use of cheaper, readily available AA batteries
Cons:

I have one. Bought it many years ago when 2CR5 batteries were very expensive (in relation to wages). I don't know where I bought it - possibly when I was living on Norfolk Island from 1990-1993. The box has $36.95 on it. Had I bought it Saudi Arabia in 1989 when I bought my SFX, the price would be in Riyals.

The biggest problem was that it eventually tore the camera case even though it was perforated to allow a bit of stretching.

It seems that they aren't that common.
Add Review of Pentax AA Battery Grip for SF series SLRs

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:18 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!