I can recommend this lens: Yes |
| Rating: 10
cheap compared to other brands, light & perfect balanced, WR, D-Li90 battery use, 100% fitting, SD storage, AA battery cartridge, ergonomic vertical frame control, battery autonomy, excellent quality, built like a tank
cost increased in 2017 (+20% in France)
you should add this item to your (my) beloved Pentax K-1 for different reasons:
- for his perfect balance associated to K-1
- for his perfect fitting to your right hand and secure grip in the hand (class A compared to Nikon's and Canon's)
- for his light weight although it is bigger
- for his necessary battery autonomy improvement on K-1
- for synergistic results with SR: 1/6s perfect focus with my Leica Macro-Elmarit-R 60/2.8 at 2,50m (8 feet) distance for example on portrait vertical use.
- you don't need to take the K-1 battery cover off to put the grip on.
Besides, if you compare the weight and the overall cost between different HD FF (>30Mp) OVF reflex DSLR cameras, it's quite good:
- K-1 + Grip D-BG6: 1010g (1847US$) + 277g (207US$) = 1287g & US$2054 as of today (nominal cost, 03/2016 release)
- EOS 5D MarkIV + Grip BG-E20 : 890g (3499US$) + 391g (349US$) = 1281g & US$3848 as of today (+87%, 09/2016 release)
- D810 + Grip MB-D12 = 900g (2797US$)+ 554g (369US$) =1454g & US$3166 as of today (+54%, 06/2014 release)
Is the Grip essential?
I would say yes since I have it. Otherwise, I would not have noticed how crucial is this Grip... A must-have.