Pentax Accessory Reviews » Grips and Power Accessories for Digital » Grips (Genuine Pentax)
Pentax Battery Grip D-BG7 for Pentax KP Review RSS Feed

2 2,891 Fri January 11, 2019

Pentax Battery Grip D-BG7 for Pentax KP

Weather-sealed battery grip for the Pentax KP. Includes a tray that can hold a spare SD card. The grip accommodates a D-LI109 or a larger D-LI90 battery.
In Production: Buy the Pentax Battery Grip D-BG7 for Pentax KP

Add Review of Pentax Battery Grip D-BG7 for Pentax KP Buy the Pentax Battery Grip D-BG7 for Pentax KP
Sort Reviews by: Date | Author | Rating | Recommendation | Likes (Descending) Showing Reviews 1-2 of 2

Registered: March, 2013
Location: Kansas

Review Date: January 11, 2019 I can recommend this item: Yes | Price: $229.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Handling, controls, extra battery capacity
Cons: Price

I got the D-BG7 battery grip for my Pentax KP because thereís times when I need extra battery capacity, the camera handles much better for vertical shots, and I like the handling with larger lenses. Certainly I can simply put extra batteries and SD cards in my pocket, but itís nice to have them on board when I want to take advantage of the gripís handling dynamics.

The grip can use the D-LI109 or the larger capacity D-LI90, a tray is utilized to hold the smaller battery in the battery compartment. The battery compartment has a storage place for an SD card, the smaller battery tray also has a storage place for another card. So if you use the large battery, one extra card can be carried and two if the smaller battery is used.

The camera has a protective cover for the grip electrical connections as does the grip, there is a secure stowage compartment located between the camera and grip which eliminates losing these items.

The grip and camera handles great with the duplicated controls located perfectly on the grip. My only complaint is the price seems high but Iíll get over that the longer I use it. Highly recommended!

Journeyman Cat Wrangler

Registered: June, 2017
Location: Maine, U.S.

Review Date: December 3, 2018 I can recommend this item: Yes | Price: $209.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: Either battery type Usable, Controls available in vertical shooting mode, Increased stability with large lenses.
Cons: Finding a good L bracket difficult, Price

Water resistant, battery life is no longer a concern when using the larger battery even when shooting outdoors at -10C or lower.
Additional large grip included if your KP kit did not include all three sizes. Easier to hold for my very large hands, especially when hand holding my KP with a large and heavy lens mounted. (4 pounds.)

Nice to have the secondary controls on the grip when shooting in portrait mode. Works very well. The best thing is the large increase in battery capacity with either battery used. If I am not using a Limited lens, I have it mounted at all times.
I had a coupon that saved my a few dollars off of the retail price, but would be willing to pay the 229.00 MSRP.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:27 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!