Pentax Accessory Reviews » Grips and Power Accessories for Digital » Batteries and Chargers
Pentax D-LI109 Rechargeable Battery Review RSS Feed

Pentax D-LI109 Rechargeable Battery

3 9,049 Mon November 24, 2014
67% of reviewers None indicated 7.33
Pentax D-LI109 Rechargeable Battery

Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery for the Pentax K-r, K-30, K-50, K-500, K-70, KP, K-S1 and K-S2 DSLRs. Capacity 1050 mAh.

Add Review of Pentax D-LI109 Rechargeable Battery
Sort Reviews by: Date | Author | Rating | Recommendation | Likes (Descending) Showing Reviews 1-3 of 3

Registered: April, 2014
Review Date: November 24, 2014 I can recommend this lens: No | Price: None indicated | Rating: 5

Pros: Lasts through many recharges
Cons: Massively overpriced

The mere existence of this item puzzles me. I have some of the AA battery adapters for my K-r and I get a much better life from a set of good AA rechargeables, so why didn't Pentax just make the K-r so it took those AA batteries directly? Very odd.

OK, it exists, so is it any good? Well I've been using mine for years and it it still takes a full charge, powering the camera for pretty much the same number of shots that it did when it was new. If it's capacity has dropped, it hasn't dropped much. In addition, I can charge it and leave the camera in the cupboard for a few weeks and it will still pack a charge when I get it out, and that's not true of all rechargeable batteries. All in all, it seems like a quality item.

The price, however, is outrageous. In the UK at the time of writing it's 59.99, which is over $93 US at today's rates. I can buy a lot of low-self-discharge AA batteries for that money, and a set of 4 of those lasts longer. Lower the price to 10.00 or so and it might be reasonable, but 59.99? Pentax can keep it, when mine dies I'll just use AA batteries.

Registered: September, 2012
Review Date: September 15, 2012 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: None indicated | Rating: 9

Pros: Long life

Battery often holds charge beyond its posted rating. After over a year of use I haven't noticed a significant drop-off in performance.

Registered: July, 2010
Location: New York
Review Date: April 27, 2012 I can recommend this lens: Yes | Price: None indicated | Rating: 8

Pros: Good battery life
Cons: None significant

Part of K-r kit. Battery life is good, often exceeding the CIPA rating, but had wore down somewhat after 18 months of use.
Add Review of Pentax D-LI109 Rechargeable Battery

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:12 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!