Pentax Accessory Reviews » Lens Accessories » Caps

3 3,132 Wed April 17, 2019
Pentax Bayonet type K mount body cap

Pentax K mount body cap.

Add Review of Pentax Bayonet type K mount body cap
Sort Reviews by: Date | Author | Rating | Recommendation | Likes (Descending) Showing Reviews 1-3 of 3

Location: Vancouver, Canada
Review Date: April 17, 2019 I can recommend this item: Yes | Price: None indicated | Rating: 9

Pros: Easy to find and well built.
Cons: Possible to break bayonet tabs.

I have dozens of these K-mount bayonet body caps, which you can also use for Pentax accessories like Teleconverters and extension tubes.

You mount them just like a K-mount lens and remove them the same way. They are made of hard plastic and well built, but it's still possible to have one of the bayonet tabs break off if they are abused. That would be the only negative, having a broken piece of plastic end up inside your camera is not something you want! The K-mount caps bayonet tabs should have been reinforced with metal, like the Pentax 6x7 bayonet body caps were.

However with normal use they will last forever and I still have my original body cap from 1975, when I purchased my Pentax KX SLR.

I don't have a price listed, as I have gotten these caps at various prices over the years, as well as free with cameras.

Registered: February, 2016
Location: lake constance
Review Date: January 17, 2019 I can recommend this item: Yes | Price: $10.00 | Rating: 10

Pros: it fits the bayonet very tight

Very tight fitting the bayonet - I bought three of them - for my MX, ME super and for my adaptor, which is always on my Sony A7.

Hard to find this cap on second hand market and they were expensive! But when I find a good conditioned one I pay 10 EUR for it, because they don`t wear out so easily.

Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Registered: March, 2015
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Review Date: August 31, 2016 I can recommend this item: Yes | Price: None indicated | Rating: 10

Pros: Secure fit, good protection
Cons: None for me

The genuine Pentax K mount camera body cap is far superior to the white plastic push fit cap IMO. As it locks into position like a lens, it is unlikely to come off accidently in the camera bag. It is better than the generic caps also as it fits more tightly. I highly recommend using this accessory.
Add Review of Pentax Bayonet type K mount body cap

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:17 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!