Photography Roundup - 10/11
Summary of photo news, the latest contests, and more
October, no matter where we sit in the world, brings a new season. In the north, we're finally starting to experience fall. In the south, winter is over. Regardless of where you call home, this is a great time of year to take photos. Check out the articles and shots we're sharing this week for some great inspiration.
There are some exciting deals on Pentax gear and accessories this week. Here are some of the deals we've been following:
- Lens Deals at B&H and Adorama
- Pentax K-3 with SMC-DA 50mm f/1.8 and flash for $649
- Manfrotto Bags for Drastically Reduced Prices at B&H
- Pentax D-FA 100mm f/28 WR 1:1 Macro for $388.28
For users who shop Pentax in the US, B&H Photo and Adorama have re-opened this week after a two-week holiday break.
Pentax Forums Roundup
Official Monthly Contest #110, Colorful, Submissions
Official Monthly Photo Contest #110: Colorful is open for business! If you haven't taken any colorful images that you want to enter, this is the ideal season for it. And when you're happy with one of your colorful images, submit it here (or learn more about the contest).
Official Monthly Photo Contest #109, Night Time is the Right Time, Nominating
"Night Time is the Right Time" Theme Images
Official Monthly Photo Contest #109, Night Time is the Right Time, is now in the nomination stage. Head over to pick the after dark photos that go on to the voting phase.
Post-Processing Challenge #161: Yellowstone Nat'l Park
Post-processing Challenge #161 | atupdate
This week's post-processing challenge is pretty exciting. In fact, it's so exciting it even got Adam to show off his editing skills. So head over and see how your editing skills compare to some of the best Pentax Forums users.
There's a lot of good photography in our Good Reads section this week. We also found some articles with great tips about food and pet photography. We hope this helps improve your photography as well as inform and entertain you.
- How Filmmakers Use Aspect Ratio Tricks in Movies
- This Food Stylist Gave Us 5 Tips To Make Normal Food Look Amazing
- Japanese Photographer Documents The Beauty Of Everyday Life In Japan
- 11 Easy Tips To Taking The Cutest Photos Of Your Pets
- 22 Of The Most Powerful Photos Of This Week
- Photographer Loses Life’s Work After Burglars Steal 21 Hard Drives
- These Haunting Photos Capture The Current State Of The Fukushima Exclusion Zone In Japan
- Dearly Departed
- Stunning Portraits Reveal Migrants Diversity In 19 Photos
Pakpod: Tripod with Ninja Feet
This week we look at an interesting Kickstarter for a light-duty tripod, the Pakpod: Tripod with Ninja Feet. Pakpod is a light, compact, and travel-friendly tripod suitable for small cameras (such as the Q). It can be affixed, staked, hung, or in other ways attached to places most tripods can't affix. It has a clever foot mechanism with a spiked 'toe' that articulates and swaps out for different tasks. The arm extension mechanism is also quite clever.
As always, Pentax Forusm neither endorses nor supports the Kickstarter product or createros we feature, nor do we have any relationship with them. We share these projects to keep out forum members abreast of cutting-edge photography gear development.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.41 Released
- Pentax 645Z Firmware v1.23 Released
- Pentax HD D FA 15-30mm F2.8 Review Posted
- Ricoh Stays Committed to Cameras & Pentax...
- Topaz Spring Sale: 40% Off Everything
- The Making of "Autumn Colors"
- Review of the Everyday Sling Bag by Peak Design
- "Benches" Photo Contest Winners