Interview with Tamron at CP+
Commentary on current and future lenses
While at CP+ we had a chance to stop by the Tamron and Sigma booths, where we asked the representatives of each company a few questions. Here's our interview with Kenji Nakagawa of Tamron.
The Tamron 18-270mm lens was recently made available for Pentax under the Pentax brand (see the SMC Pentax-DA 18-270mm review). While he shares no Pentax-specific lens plans, Nakagawa states that there is demand for Pentax lenses, which is reassuring to those who thought that perhaps Tamron was moving away from Pentax. At the moment, the majority of Tamron lenses are for Canon, Nikon, and Sony, with only a handful also available for Pentax. Tamron's latest high-speed lenses featuring ultrasonic focusing systems are currently not being produced for the Pentax mount.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax K-1 II with Free Grip is Back!
- 40% Off Storewide at Topaz: Spring Sale!
- Part 3: How Godzilla stomped on my Lightroom habit
- K-1 II Dynamic Pixel Shift: First Impressions
- Pentax FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Review Posted
- March "Birds" Contest Finalists...
- D FA★ 50mm F1.4 Production Delayed
- Pentax K-1 II In Stock in the US