Interview with Tamron at CP+
Commentary on current and future lenses
While at CP+ we had a chance to stop by the Tamron and Sigma booths, where we asked the representatives of each company a few questions. Here's our interview with Kenji Nakagawa of Tamron.
The Tamron 18-270mm lens was recently made available for Pentax under the Pentax brand (see the SMC Pentax-DA 18-270mm review). While he shares no Pentax-specific lens plans, Nakagawa states that there is demand for Pentax lenses, which is reassuring to those who thought that perhaps Tamron was moving away from Pentax. At the moment, the majority of Tamron lenses are for Canon, Nikon, and Sony, with only a handful also available for Pentax. Tamron's latest high-speed lenses featuring ultrasonic focusing systems are currently not being produced for the Pentax mount.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- The Amazing High-ISO Video Performance of the...
- Pentax KP Bundle Deal
- Best of 2016 Contest Winners
- Image Composition: Converging Lines
- Get the Pentax K-3 II with a Free Battery Grip!
- Get the Pentax K-1 with a Free Battery Grip!
- Image Composition Guide: Subject Isolation
- Guide to Camera and Autofocus Settings for...