In Pictures: D-FA* 70-200mm and D-FA 150-450mm
Size comparisons and handling remarks
The two new full-frame-ready Pentax 70-200mm and 150-450mm telephoto zooms were on display at CP+, and we had the opportunity to handle the lenses and test them on a Pentax K-3. The lenses are built like tanks and certainly feel like professional pieces of equipment— more so than existing star lenses. Their autofocus speed also seemed noticeably superior compared to that of the DA* 50-135mm and DA* 60-250mm F4 lenses. We were told during our interview with Ricoh Imaging representatives that AF optimizations had been made specifically for these two lenses.
Pricing & Specifications
Both lenses are expected to start shipping in March.
- Pre-order the Pentax 70-200mm at B&H ($2299)
- Pre-order the Pentax 70-200mm at WEX Photographic (£1849)
- Pre-order the Pentax 150-450mm at B&H ($2499)
- Pre-order the Pentax 150-450mmmm at WEX Photographic (£1999)
Refer to the photos below for additional size comparisons. These are among the largest zoom lenses ever made by Pentax.
Click on any thumbnail below to enlarge and browse:
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- October "Mirror Image" Contest...
- Irix 150mm F2.8 Macro Officially Announced
- Pentax in 2018: What the Brand Brings to the Table
- Announcing "Negative Space" - Our...
- The Making of "Southerdown Sunset"
- PhotoPlus 2018: Pentax Interview and Report
- Ricoh WG-60 Officially Announced
- "Sunset or Moonrise" Contest Winners