Pentax D FA★ 85mm F1.4 on the Horizon
Upcoming wide-aperture portrait lens
By PF Staff in CP+ 2017 on Feb 23, 2017
Ricoh Imaging has revealed that the previously-roadmapped full-frame "wide-aperture short telephoto lens" will in fact be a Pentax D FA★ 85mm F1.4— a classic focal length for portrait photography.
This high-performance prime lens will be launched as part of Pentax's star lens series, which only includes lenses with the best optical performance. Further details about the lens are currently unknown.
The new full-frame lens roadmap, on display at the CP+ 2017 show, reflects the D FA★ 85mm F1.4. The roadmap also includes the D FA★ 50mm F1.4, which is on display at the show as a prototype.
2017 Pentax Full-Frame Lens Roadmap (Click to enlarge)
We wouldn't be surprised if both of these lenses saw a market launch by the end of 2017.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Announcing Our June, 2023 Photo Contest
- Ricoh Dethrones Canon as the Copier King
- April 2023 "Reflection" Photo Contest...
- Pentax Film Project: Lost Engineering Being Reborn
- Pentax Custom Image Guide: From Satobi to Harubeni
- New versions of the FA 50mm F1.4
- April "Reflection" Contest Finalists...
- Ricoh announces 97% profit increase for Fiscal...