Pentax D FA★ 85mm F1.4 on the Horizon
Upcoming wide-aperture portrait lens
Ricoh Imaging has revealed that the previously-roadmapped full-frame "wide-aperture short telephoto lens" will in fact be a Pentax D FA★ 85mm F1.4— a classic focal length for portrait photography.
This high-performance prime lens will be launched as part of Pentax's star lens series, which only includes lenses with the best optical performance. Further details about the lens are currently unknown.
The new full-frame lens roadmap, on display at the CP+ 2017 show, reflects the D FA★ 85mm F1.4. The roadmap also includes the D FA★ 50mm F1.4, which is on display at the show as a prototype.
We wouldn't be surprised if both of these lenses saw a market launch by the end of 2017.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Venus Optics Laowa 12mm F2.8 In-depth Review
- October "Mirror Image" Contest...
- Irix 150mm F2.8 Macro Officially Announced
- Pentax in 2018: What the Brand Brings to the Table
- Announcing "Negative Space" - Our...
- The Making of "Southerdown Sunset"
- PhotoPlus 2018: Pentax Interview and Report
- Ricoh WG-60 Officially Announced