Bower 35mm F1.4 and 14mm F2.8 Specials
Save $70 on either lens!
By PF Staff in Deals and Savings on Nov 28, 2012
Our friends at B&H Photo will be launching some slick weekly deals over the course of the coming weeks. Today brings the first deal: save $70-80 on the Bower 14mm F2.8 (see review) and Bower 35mm F1.4 for Pentax. These manual lenses deliver great performance without costing too much: compare the Bower 14mm (now only $299) to the SMC Pentax-DA 14mm F2.8, which costs $739. Similarly, compare the Bower 35mm F1.4 (now only $379) to the Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM A1, which costs $899. The Bower lenses are less than half the price of the others, and the only big thing you'd be giving up is autofocus!
If fact, when we reviewed the Bower 14mm, we found it to be better than the Pentax 14mm F2.8 optically. On top of this, the Bower 14mm is a full-frame lens, whereas the Pentax is not.
Bower lenses are also branded as Vivitar, Samyang, and Rokinon lenses; regardless of their names, all these lenses are identical optically, and you will see our members use these names interchangeably.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- October "The Sky" Contest Finalists...
- Current K-Mount Prime Lenses (2017)
- New Pentax Price Alert Feature
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.43 Released
- Lumenzia Action Panel for Photoshop
- How to Modify the DA* 60-250mm F4 for Full Frame
- Announcing "Fall Colors" - Our...
- A Hands-on Look at the Pentax K-1 Silver