D FA* 70-200mm F2.8 US Price Reduced
$500 MSRP reduction
By PF Staff in Deals and Savings on Mar 16, 2016
The MSRP of the HD Pentax-D FA* 70-200mm F2.8 pro telephoto zoom lens has recently been dropped by $500 in the US, down to $1799 from the original price of $2299. The first shipments of this lens have already started going out worldwide, and the lens is in stock at a number of retailers.
At the new low price, the Pentax 70-200mm is considerably cheaper than the equivalent offerings of both Canon and Nikon. Along with the Pentax 15-30mm F2.8 and Pentax 24-70mm F2.8, it is a core part of the full-frame fast zoom trio for the new Pentax K-1.
In the US, B&H Photo and Adorama are accepting orders and have the lens in stock:
It is also available from the official Ricoh web site. If you've placed a pre-order earlier this year, rest assured that the new low price will be honored.
Though originally announced last February, the commercial debut of the 70-200mm ended up being delayed by nearly a year due to necessary optical optimizations.
While we've had the opportunity to handle this lens at three separate trade shows, we have not yet been able to test its optical performance. Stay tuned for this in our upcoming in-depth review!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- K-1 II Dynamic Pixel Shift: First Impressions
- Pentax FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Review Posted
- March "Birds" Contest Finalists...
- D FA★ 50mm F1.4 Production Delayed
- Pentax K-1 II In Stock in the US
- Pentax K-1 II eBook Now Available, 25% Off
- Pentax FA 77mm F1.8 Limited Review Posted
- Announcing "Boats" - Our April 2018...