Pentax K-30: First price drops
K-30 price drops to $799 at authorized US retailers
By PF Staff in Deals and Savings on Aug 20, 2012
Today, we've observed a $50 price drop on the Pentax K-30 at authorized Pentax retailers, including B&H photo in New York and Amazon.com. Although not all big Pentax outlets seem to be showing the new price at this point, it wouldn't surprise us if the Pentax K-30 body price started falling to $799 nationwide over the course of the coming days. The camera's original MSRP was $849.
Most Pentax K-30 kits have also fallen in price, with the unfortunate exception of the 18-135mm and 55-300mm kits.
This appears to be the first official price reduction of its kind for the K-30 in the US. Users in our Pentax Price Watch forum have spotted better international deals (i.e. one from the Pentax Web Store in Singapore), though as with all international purchases, these may be subject to customs fees, higher shipping costs, or warranty restrictions, all of which can quickly close the gap in price.
Even at the original MSRP, we believe the K-30 was fairly priced for its class, but we hope that this and future price drops will also make the camera an attractive intro-level option!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Announcing Our June, 2023 Photo Contest
- Ricoh Dethrones Canon as the Copier King
- April 2023 "Reflection" Photo Contest...
- Pentax Film Project: Lost Engineering Being Reborn
- Pentax Custom Image Guide: From Satobi to Harubeni
- New versions of the FA 50mm F1.4
- April "Reflection" Contest Finalists...
- Ricoh announces 97% profit increase for Fiscal...