Pentax K-30: First price drops
K-30 price drops to $799 at authorized US retailers
By PF Staff in Deals and Savings on Aug 20, 2012
Today, we've observed a $50 price drop on the Pentax K-30 at authorized Pentax retailers, including B&H photo in New York and Amazon.com. Although not all big Pentax outlets seem to be showing the new price at this point, it wouldn't surprise us if the Pentax K-30 body price started falling to $799 nationwide over the course of the coming days. The camera's original MSRP was $849.
This appears to be the first official price reduction of its kind for the K-30 in the US. Users in our Pentax Price Watch forum have spotted better international deals (i.e. one from the Pentax Web Store in Singapore), though as with all international purchases, these may be subject to customs fees, higher shipping costs, or warranty restrictions, all of which can quickly close the gap in price.
Even at the original MSRP, we believe the K-30 was fairly priced for its class, but we hope that this and future price drops will also make the camera an attractive intro-level option!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Savings on Topaz Gigapixel AI from Topaz Labs
- Ricoh announces new WG-80 point and shoot camera
- Pentax K-3 Mark III Continuous Autofocus...
- April "Urban Landscape" Contest...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: May 12, 2022
- Win a SMC Pentax DA 21mm: Special Photo Contest
- Ricoh WG-6 Firmware Update Adds Webcam...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: May 3, 2022