Pentax K-500 Kit: $379
Another price drop on the Pentax entry-level DSLR
By PF Staff in Deals and Savings on Jun 6, 2014
The Pentax K-500 kit has just dropped from $399 to an all-time low price: now just $379 for the camera body together with the DA L 18-55mm lens. This price is among the historical lows for a current Pentax DSLR being sold by a US authorized dealer!
This camera is essentially a K-50 with just a few features stripped out: the weather sealing, electronic level, and viewfinder AF display. At its core is an acclaimed 16-megapixel sensor together with Pentax's in-camera Shake Reduction that offers stabilization with any lens. The K-500 is a great camera for beginners as well as users still shooting with older 10- or 6-megapixel Pentax bodies. To learn more, check out our in-depth K-500 review. At the current price, the camera is truly an amazing value.
For even more savings, you can bundle a Pentax 50mm for an extra $65 off ($116 total), or a Pentax 35mm for an extra $35 off ($146 total), or both (look under "savings available").
With the price this low (the K-500 was originally launched at $599), could this price drop suggest that something new is around the corner, and likewise that the deal won't last?
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- April 2022 "Urban Landscape" Photo...
- Savings on Topaz Gigapixel AI from Topaz Labs
- Ricoh announces new WG-80 point and shoot camera
- Pentax K-3 Mark III Continuous Autofocus...
- April "Urban Landscape" Contest...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: May 12, 2022
- Win a SMC Pentax DA 21mm: Special Photo Contest
- Ricoh WG-6 Firmware Update Adds Webcam...