The Price of the K-5 Keeps on Dropping
now $879 in the US, $20 lower than before
By PF Staff in Deals and Savings on Jul 19, 2012
Despite the fact that the new mid-range Pentax K-30 was already priced very close to Pentax's flagship from 2010, the price of the Pentax K-5 keeps on dropping. The K-5 is now available for $879 at B&H Photo and other major retailers, which represents a $20 drop over the old price of $899, which earlier fell from $919.
If you are still torn between the K-30 and K-5, we invite you to read our in-depth Pentax K-30 review, in which we compare the two cameras side-by-side.
We are keeping our fingers crossed that this price drop doesn't mean that the K-5 is being discontinued, but rather that the price of the K-30 will also drop, and that the K-5 will be replaced by a very high-end APS-C successor. We expect this successor to be unveiled at the Photokina trade show in September, which we will be covering live and in-person!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Travel Photography - Making the Most of Your...
- HD Pentax D-FA 150-450mm F4.5-F5.6 Review Posted
- Review of the Off Road Hiker 30 Backpack by...
- Pentax KP $987 with Free Battery Grip
- The Making of "Island Hopping in the Tidal...
- Behind the Scenes: Ultra-Wide Review Cover Photo
- Big June Pentax Lens Sale
- "Flowing Water" Photo Contest Winners