Save Big on the Tamron 17-50mm F2.8
Our favorite fast zoom is on deep discount
By deadwolfbones in Deals and Savings on Jan 24, 2017
Word on the street (though as-yet-unconfirmed) is that Tamron has discontinued its legendary 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di-II LD Aspherical [IF] zoom lens. That's sad news for fans of high-quality budget lenses everywhere, but great news if you're in the market to pick one up. Retailers are clearing stock, and as a result, this excellent constant-aperture normal zoom is down to just $299 at US stores including B&H Photo and Adorama. That's $200 off the regular price, which saw virtually no discounts over the course of the past year! You also get 4% back in gift card rewards at both stores. That's a steal considering that this is a lens that borders on professional image quality.
Get your 17-50mm F2.8 now:
A few years back, we pitted the Tamron against its Sigma and Pentax equivalents, and it scored a solid runner-up result, beating out the revered Pentax DA* 16-50mm f/2.8 and only slightly edged by the Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 OS. At the time, we praised it for its excellent sharpness and bokeh, not to mention its superb value. With this sale, that value proposition goes through the roof.
This isn't a perfect lens: the build quality could be better, and we've heard plenty of reports of front- or back-focusing. But lucky for you, you have the reassurance of excellent return policies from either store.
All in all, you can't get a better f/2.8 zoom for the price, so if you've been looking to upgrade from your 18-55mm kit lens (or add a handy all-around zoom to your prime lens lineup) don't miss out on this deal.
- Read 75 user reviews of the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8
- See sample photos from the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8
- Read our in-depth comparative review of the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Lensbaby's New Burnside 35: Swirl and...
- Cactus Enhances Wireless Flash Capabilities for...
- Pentax K-1 II Preliminary Specifications
- Pentax K-1 II On the Horizon
- K-3 II Farewell Deal: Price drop & free grip
- Announcing "Moonscape" - Our February...
- "Backyard Wild Animals" Memorial...
- Part 2: Lightroom Alternatives - An Intro to...