Topaz April Promotion: 50% Off Detail
Save on unique detail-enhancing software
By PF Staff in Deals and Savings on Apr 10, 2014
After a very successful promotion of the DeNoise software, Topaz Labs is back at it with a 50% savings on Topaz Detail, a program that allows you to bring out and sharpen details without introducing nasty artifacts such as glowing edges or pixelation.
To save 50%, simply head over to the Topaz store and use the coupon code aprdetail at checkout. This promotion will last through the end of April.
Topaz Detail requires a compatible host program to run, such as Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom, Apple Aperture, iPhoto, Corel PaintShop, Irfanview, and others. Here are some of the main benefits of Detail:
- Better control over image detail than traditional sharpness or clarity sliders. Detail uses size-based processing that lets you independently adjust small, medium, and large details.
- More natural images. Detail substantially reduces the halos and artifacts you get from over-sharpening.
- More volume and three-dimensionality. Detail can enhance larger image features to increase the perceived "depth" of your photo.
Here's a before and after example of Detail in action:
The diagram below illustrates the image processing that detail performs (click to enlarge):
If you're a user of Detail, we welcome your comments about it in the post-processing forum. We expect to have an in-depth review of the software in the near future.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- K-1 II Dynamic Pixel Shift: First Impressions
- Pentax FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Review Posted
- March "Birds" Contest Finalists...
- D FA★ 50mm F1.4 Production Delayed
- Pentax K-1 II In Stock in the US
- Pentax K-1 II eBook Now Available, 25% Off
- Pentax FA 77mm F1.8 Limited Review Posted
- Announcing "Boats" - Our April 2018...