Pentax K-1 Triple Giveaway: Summer 2018
We are giving away three K-1 bodies!
By PF Staff in Giveaways and Events on Jun 1, 2018
Summers are usually slow in the Pentax world, as trade shows, product announcements, and deals typically dominate either the start or end of each year. This summer, though, will be different...
We are giving away 3 Pentax K-1 (or K-1 II) bodies— one each in June, July, and August.
- We'd like to congratulate our June winner - SirTomster
- We'd also like to congratulate our July winner - grog85361
The giveaway will be simple: the camera will be up for grabs once the community reaches 45,000 posts in any given month. This should prove quite easy: we broke the count in both June and July. As an added bonus, if we reach 51,000 posts, that K-1 will turn in to a K-1 Mark II (a $1996 value).
Note that the information below has been updated for the August iteration of the giveaway.
When we reach the target number of posts, on or after August 30th, we will create three raffle threads, each separated by 8 hours (giving users in various time zones the opportunity to enter). The first 80 users to reply to each thread will get one raffle entry, and then the winner will be picked at random. If you don't win the camera, we'll have forum account upgrades our most active participants— plus, you are guaranteed to have plenty of fun on the forum along the way.
Users will need to have made at least 10 posts during the giveaway period in order to be eligible to post in the raffle threads. In addition, if you make 180 or more posts, you will automatically get a raffle entry.
Track current giveaway progress at the top of any page on the forum:
- The community must reach 45,000 posts each month
- At that point, 3 threads will be created 8 hours apart, and the first 80 posters in each will get a raffle entry
- Automatic raffle entry if you have 180+ posts
- Raffle participants must have at least 10 forum posts in the month of the raffle
- The winner is drawn at random, and we will ship a K-1 to the winner
- If the community reaches 51,000 posts by the end of the month, the prize gets upgraded to a K-1 II
Why three cameras? We've wanted to do a K-1 giveaway from quite some time now, so this makes up for no camera giveaway in 2016 and 2017. This will also be our largest giveaway to date, celebrating the 4,000,000 post milestone.
The full-frame K-1 is currently the most popular Pentax DSLR. Learn more in our in-depth review.
Good luck, and let's make this a great summer! Follow the buttons below to get involved:
*Fine print: to prevent abuse, we will limit raffle entries to accounts with at ten posts during the contest period and registered for at least 24 hours prior to the time of the raffle. Limit one entry per household per month. No purchase necessary; open to users worldwide. Shipping is included; user responsible for any customs fees or duties in case the camera cannot be sources locally. PentaxForums.com management reserves all rights.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Venus Optics Laowa 12mm F2.8 In-depth Review
- October "Mirror Image" Contest...
- Irix 150mm F2.8 Macro Officially Announced
- Pentax in 2018: What the Brand Brings to the Table
- Announcing "Negative Space" - Our...
- The Making of "Southerdown Sunset"
- PhotoPlus 2018: Pentax Interview and Report
- Ricoh WG-60 Officially Announced