Pentax K+ Multi-Mount Giveaway
A user-inspired concept turned into a real product
By Gnarelsek in Giveaways and Events on Mar 1, 2014
Our February giveaway has come to a close, but that doesn't mean we're done!
If you've ever thought about how exciting it would be if your Pentax K mount DSLR could use Nikon F, Olympus OM, Contax Yashica C/Y and Konica AR mount lenses, here is the answer.
Introducing Pentax K+ Mulit-Mount (PK+MM), a new way of adapting lenses from different mounts to K mount without the need for adapters, achieving infinity focus (except Konica AR mount) and yet retaining the use of its native K mount lenses.
Sound familiar? This idea was my DIY project which I submitted in the PentaxForums.com Pentax K-30 giveaway back in 2012 (you can see the original entry here) which later became the winning entry. During the course of voting, the encouraging feedback/comments made me decide to make my idea commercially available so that anyone who is interested does not need to DIY. And the result? The professionally precision-machined PK+MM which you can see here mounted on my Pentax K-r.
PK+MM installed on Pentax K-r.
By replacing the original mounting ring on your Pentax K mount DSLR with the PK+MM part, you can start to mount the lenses of Nikon F, Olympus OM and Contax/Yashica and even Konica AR mount directly onto your DSLR. Just imagine the choices of Nikkor, Zuiko, Carl Zeiss, Yashica, Hexanon or other third parties lenses in the Nikon F mount not available in Pentax K.
Below is the product introduction video which will show you exactly how PK+MM works.
What makes PK+MM different from using currently-available methods is that no adapter is required. This preserves the different mounts' ability to focus to infinity as their film flange focus distances are slightly longer than that of the Pentax K mount (except Konica AR mount). Current adapters that allow infinity focus normally have corrective optics that degrade image quality while those that do not have corrective optics only allow focus at close distances. Other alternative methods like changing the mount of the lens means you need to disassemble the lens and then only use 1 modified lens at a time.
While aperture control is totally dependent on the type of lenses mounted and only manual focus is possible, PK+MM will vastly open up your choices of lenses previously only available or adaptable to other mounts.
Interested to get the PK+MM for FREE? That's where the giveaway part comes in!
In gratitude for the 2012 K-30 Giveaway, I have decided to give away 3 pieces of PK+MM worth $98 (SGD) each. Taking part is simple.
Submissions should be posted in this thread for submissions. To enter, you simply need to write a post answering one question: Why you want the PK+MM and/or how PK+MM will benefit you.
- You may use images, photos or videos to enhance your post but the usual forum posting rules still applies.
- For ideas or inspirations, you can visit my website Adaptist for more information on PK+MM.
- Please start off your post with the word "PK+MM GIVEAWAY ENTRY" so I can identify it.
- Discussion or questions about PK+MM/this giveaway can also be posted in this thread so remember to differentiate your entry as mentioned in previous line.
- This giveaway is open to all forum users regardless of geographical location.
- Do note that the current PK+MM can be installed only on non-WR DSLRs (except K-500).
Contest Period: March 1 through March 16th, end of day US time.
.You can starting posting in this thread now, edit your post or post multiple entries but the deadline for posting/editing will be the 16th. Any edits or new posts after deadline will not be considered for the giveaway.
Judging and Results:
- I will personally review all etries and select the top 3 most interesting/inspiring posts.
- Winners will be announced on 19th March 2014 in this same thread.
- The 3 winners will be contacted and will have their PK+MM shipped from
right to their doorstep by international registered mail. Singapore
So start thinking now and post your entry soon!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax K-1 Mark II In-depth Review Posted
- 2018 Pentax Forums T-Shirts Now Available
- August "Movement at Night" Contest...
- New Pentax Lens Compatibility Tool
- Labor Day Pentax eBook Sale: 20% Off
- Announcing "Sunset or Moonrise" - Our...
- The Making of "Just Relaxing"
- "Vacation Atmosphere" Contest Winners