World Pentax Day: February 23-24, 2013
go out and shoot during this weekend!
By PF Staff in Giveaways and Events on Jan 23, 2013
The next World Pentax Day (WPD) is actually going to be a World Pentax Weekend and it will take place on Saturday and Sunday, February 23rd thru February 24th, 2013. This is our thirteenth installment of the WPD and we hope to see as many members as possible partake in the event!
If you've never participated before, World Pentax Day is an event open to everyone in which you simply go out and shoot, and then post your favorite photos in the special event gallery. Thus, as community we will create a snapshot of what the world looked like during that day.
We encourage you to get together with your photo friends or local photo club and use this day as an excuse to go out and put your camera to good use, especially if this will be your first WPD.
We will also be giving away some nice manual Pentax lenses to three lucky particpants of WPD (winners will be drawn randomly)!
The rules of the event are simple! The photos you upload must:
- Be taken with a Pentax camera (or a rebadged clone)
- Be taken on February 23rd or 24th, 2013 in your timezone
Starting on February 23rd you will be able to upload up to 5 of your favorite photos to the event gallery, which is linked below.
The link above will go live on the 23rd, and the gallery will remain open through March 12th. Once again, only photos taken on 2/23/2013 or 2/24/2013 may be uploaded to this gallery.
To learn more about the event, please read our World Pentax Day overview page.
Want to see previous submissions? Click here to view the full World Pentax Day gallery, which contains nearly 10,000 photos!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- "People, Candid or Street" Contest...
- Review of the Photocross 13 Sling Bag by...
- May "People - Candid or Street"...
- Irix 15mm F2.4 Firefly & Blackstone Review...
- The Making of "Lake Kilstivatnet"
- Announcing "Rivers and Fjords" - Our...
- Pentax K-1 Triple Giveaway: Summer 2018
- Pentax K-1 Upgrade Service Now Available: Guide