World Pentax Day: May 6-8th, 2016
Get out there and shoot to paint a picture of the world!
By PF Staff in Giveaways and Events on Apr 10, 2016
The next World Pentax Day (WPD) is actually going to be a three-day World Pentax Weekend and it will take place on Friday thru Sunday, May 6-8th, 2016. This is our fifteenth installment of the WPD and we hope to see as many members as possible partake in the event! We also plan to continue the WPD tradition on a quarterly basis going forward.
In a Nutshell
Here's a quick overview of the event:
- Go out and shoot with your Pentax on World Pentax Day!
- Try to capture photos that portray your part of the world
- Upload up to 5 of your favorites to the event gallery
- Photos must be taken on May 6, 7, or 8
- Browse, rate & comment on others' photos
What is World Pentax Day?
The idea behind World Pentax Day is very simple. During each event, Pentax users have the opportunity to go out and shoot, and then upload their favorite photos to a special collective event gallery. Thus, together, we paint a snapshot of the world through the "eyes" of Pentax cameras! From time to time, we may add a twist to each event, such as a hosting an additional giveaway or making a photo book. Best of all, World Pentax Day is open to everyone! Photos submitted to our gallery must be taken on the day(s) designated as World Pentax Day, however. They must also be taken with a Pentax or Ricoh camera.
Optionally, try to capture a photo that represents your specific city or region.
We encourage you to get together with your photo friends or local photo club and use this day as an excuse to go out and put your camera to good use, especially if this will be your first WPD.
How to Upload
Starting on May 6th you will be able to upload up to 5 of your favorite photos to the event gallery, which is linked below.
The link above will go live on May 6th, and the gallery will remain open through the end of May. Once again, only photos taken on May 6th, May 7th, or May 8th 2016 may be uploaded to this gallery.
To learn more about the event, please read our World Pentax Day overview page.
Want to see previous submissions? Click here to view the full World Pentax Day gallery, which contains over 10,000 photos!
Best Photos: Homepage Feature
We invite you to rate and comment on others' photos following the World Pentax Day weekend. For this iteration of the event, we will invite 10 photographers with stand-apart photos to participate in a special homepage feature showcasing their photos!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- April 2022 "Urban Landscape" Photo...
- Savings on Topaz Gigapixel AI from Topaz Labs
- Ricoh announces new WG-80 point and shoot camera
- Pentax K-3 Mark III Continuous Autofocus...
- April "Urban Landscape" Contest...
- U.S. Pentax Deal Roundup: May 12, 2022
- Win a SMC Pentax DA 21mm: Special Photo Contest
- Ricoh WG-6 Firmware Update Adds Webcam...