World Pentax Day: September 6-8th, 2016
Paint a picture of the world on PF's 10th anniversary
By PF Staff in Giveaways and Events on Aug 22, 2016
Coinciding with our the upcoming 10th anniversary of PentaxForums.com, the next installment of World Pentax Day (WPD) is going to be a three-day event on September 6-8th, 2016. This is our sixteenth such event and we hope to see a record number of members partake! We plan to continue the WPD tradition on a quarterly basis going forward.
In a Nutshell
Here's a quick overview of the event:
- Go out and shoot with your Pentax on World Pentax Day!
- Try to capture photos that portray your part of the world
- Upload up to 5 of your favorites to the event gallery
- Photos must be taken on September 6, 7, or 8
- Browse, rate & comment on others' photos
- Paint a picture of the world using Pentax cameras
- View photos on a map
May, 2016 World Pentax Day Interactive Map
What is World Pentax Day?
The idea behind World Pentax Day is very simple. During each event, Pentax users have the opportunity to go out and shoot, and then upload their favorite photos to a special collective event gallery. Thus, together, we paint a snapshot of the world through the "eyes" of Pentax cameras! From time to time, we may add a twist to each event, such as a hosting an additional giveaway or making a photo book. Best of all, World Pentax Day is open to everyone! Photos submitted to our gallery must be taken on the day(s) designated as World Pentax Day, however. They must also be taken with a Pentax or Ricoh camera.
Optionally, try to capture a photo that represents your specific city or region.
We encourage you to get together with your photo friends or local photo club and use this day as an excuse to go out and put your camera to good use, especially if this will be your first WPD.
How to Upload
Starting on September 6th you will be able to upload up to 5 of your favorite photos to the event gallery, which is linked below.
Upload to the World Pentax Day Gallery
The link above will go live on September 6th, and the gallery will remain open through the end of September. Once again, only photos taken on September 6th, 7th, or 8th 2016 may be uploaded to this gallery.
To learn more about the event, please read our World Pentax Day overview page.
Want to see previous submissions? Click here to view the full World Pentax Day gallery, which contains over 10,000 photos, and view the World Pentax Day map from the last event.
Best Photos: Homepage Feature
We invite you to rate and comment on others' photos following the World Pentax Day event. For this iteration of the event, we will invite 10 photographers with stand-apart photos to participate in a special homepage feature showcasing their photos!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Announcing Our June, 2023 Photo Contest
- Ricoh Dethrones Canon as the Copier King
- April 2023 "Reflection" Photo Contest...
- Pentax Film Project: Lost Engineering Being Reborn
- Pentax Custom Image Guide: From Satobi to Harubeni
- New versions of the FA 50mm F1.4
- April "Reflection" Contest Finalists...
- Ricoh announces 97% profit increase for Fiscal...
anniversary, camera, pentax, photography, world pentax day, wpd