Stain Remover Not Required
By PF Staff in Favorite Photos on Dec 6, 2012
I don't have one specific theme when it comes to photography. I enjoy photographing people, animals, flowers, landscapes and macros but every now and then you come across the one that is so different from the rest which is why I'm choosing this one to showcase.
I spotted this water / concrete stain at a fish hatchery which probably took years to develop this beautiful one of a kind stain.
I had been on the look out for something like this for some time and was elated when I came across this:
Using Adobe CS 5 I open the photo up in RAW and chose the auto control button then the lens correction function before opening the image back into CS5. After cropping the photo I used the curves auto button before using my Topaz Labs Adjustment 5 plugin. After viewing several presets I chose the "spicify" preset to bring out the color and details giving the viewer much to take in. I used the polygonal lasso on the right side and the "content aware fill" to give it that finished 90degree look. I used the spot healing brush to remove the white pvc pipe protruding out from the concrete wall as I saw it as a distraction to the eye. The final step was just a matter of resizing.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- 40% Off Storewide at Topaz: Spring Sale!
- Part 3: How Godzilla stomped on my Lightroom habit
- K-1 II Dynamic Pixel Shift: First Impressions
- Pentax FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Review Posted
- March "Birds" Contest Finalists...
- D FA★ 50mm F1.4 Production Delayed
- Pentax K-1 II In Stock in the US
- Pentax K-1 II eBook Now Available, 25% Off