Image Sync adds GR III Tethering Support
Full wi-fi functionality now available
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Aug 13, 2019
Ricoh Imaging has now released an update (v2.0.5) to the Image Sync app to finally enable the full range of wi-fi functionality with the GR III which was not available at launch. With this update, you will now be able to shoot remotely, see live view, and change camera settings over wi-fi.
To connect wirelessly to the GR III, download Image Sync from either Google Play or the Apple App store. You will also need to have firmware v1.10 or newer installed on your camera. More information can be found on the official Image Sync web site.
Note that Bluetooth functionality is still being worked on and should not be used with this version of the app.
To learn more about the GR III, stop by our in-depth GR III review.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Moment Rugged Camera Sling Bag Review Posted
- The Making of "Dutch Reflections"
- Announcing Our March 2021 Photo Contest
- Coming in 2021: HD Pentax-DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED...
- HD Variants of FA 31mm, 43mm, and 77mm Limiteds...
- January 2021 "Best of 2020" Photo...
- Pentax K-3 III Release Delayed Past CP+ 2021
- January "Best of 2020" Contest...