Pentax 645D Firmware 1.30 Update
Adds support for the Pentax 90mm Macro
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Dec 24, 2012
Pentax Japan has recently posted a firmware update for the Pentax 645D (v1.30). In the unlikely event that you've acquired or plan on acquiring the new stabilized 90mm F2.8 macro lens, you should install this update as it adds support for that lens and adds a custom function allowing you to control when the stabilization is enabled. Like all Pentax firmware updates, this new one is cumulative and includes all previous updates.
Follow these instructions to update your firmware
- Download the firmware to your computer
- Unzip the zip file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera's SD2 slot and ensure it is fully charged
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the Menu button
- Select "Yes"at the firmware prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, hold the menu button while powering your camera on. The screen should indicate version 1.30. You should then power off your camera and resume normal use.
The HD Pentax-D FA 645 90mm F2.8 ED AW SR Macro lens has started shipping in Japan and was originally meant to be available in Europe and the US around December. The lens is the first to feature Pentax's "HD" nano coating, which promises to delivery durability and excellent flare resistance.
The 90mm has a mysterious in-lens shake reduction system (it is mysterious because Pentax declined to comment about the technology at Photokina) which is necessary due to the fact that the 645D has no sensor-shift shake reduction. This lens could well make quality hand-held medium format shooting a reality!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Guide: DSLR Lens Resolution Testing at Home
- Pentaxian Profile - Giovanni Corona
- August "Portrait" Contest Finalists...
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.42 Released
- Pentax K-1 Silver Now in Stock in the US
- DSLR Guide for Shooting Sports II: Horse Racing
- The Making of "Solemnity"
- Making a 350-megapixel Milky Way Panorama