Pentax 645Z Firmware v1.10 Released
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Sep 25, 2014
Ricoh Imaging has just released the first firmware update for the Pentax 645Z: version 1.10. This update adds support for the upcoming Image Transmitter 2 tethering software. It also includes the usual minor bug fixes and stability improvements.
The Image Transmitter 2 software will enable USB tethering for the 645Z and will work similarly to the original Image Transmitter for the 645D. We expect the software to become available for purchase before the end of the year. It will be an alternative to the existing FLUCard wireless solution.
Pentax 645Z firmware update instructions:
- Download the firmware ZIP file from this page
- Extract the file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera's SD1 slot and ensure the battery fully charged
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button
- Select "Yes"at the firmware prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go to the firmware option under the setup (wrench icon) menu tab, and confirm that the indicated firmware version matches that of the update.
Firmware Update Tutorial Video
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.41 Released
- Pentax 645Z Firmware v1.23 Released
- Pentax HD D FA 15-30mm F2.8 Review Posted
- Ricoh Stays Committed to Cameras & Pentax...
- Topaz Spring Sale: 40% Off Everything
- The Making of "Autumn Colors"
- Review of the Everyday Sling Bag by Peak Design
- "Benches" Photo Contest Winners