Pentax 645Z Firmware v1.21 Released
Stability improvements for wired tethering
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Mar 26, 2015
Ricoh Imaging has just released a firmware update for the Pentax 645Z: version 1.21. Alongside updates for Image Transmitter 2 (v2.1.0) and the Pentax Digital Camera Utility (v5.3.1), the new firmware enhances the 645Z's wired tethering functionality.
The Digital Camera Utility update also brings other improvements including Pentax K-S2 support and new lens definitions, so we recommend that all users apply this update.
Note that you can only apply the desktop software updates if the Pentax software is already installed on your computer. Pentax does not offer electronic downloads of Digital Camera Utility (included with most DSLRs) or Image Transmitter 2, which must usually be purchased separately.
Below you will find the full list of changes as per the official Japanese Pentax support site.
Pentax 645Z firmware update instructions:
- Download the latest firmware ZIP file from this page
- Extract the file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera's SD1 slot and ensure the battery fully charged
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button
- Select "Yes"at the firmware prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go to the firmware option under the setup (wrench icon) menu tab, and confirm that the indicated firmware version matches that of the update.
Note that all updates are cumulative, so you do not need to install or download previous updates (nor is it possible to do so).